Trapeze Group is a leading software supplier to the public transport industry. From buses to trains to taxis, our systems help to make public transport a safer, more convenient and pleasurable experience. You may already have seen some of our public-facing mobile and web systems at Transport for London, and other leading names in the transport industry.
As an employer we are committed to cultivating a friendly and exciting working environment, with huge emphasis on employee engagement. And as the UK arm of a global organisation we can offer the sense of social community often associated with a small, local business; combined with the expected advantages of working for a far larger employer: great benefits; dedication to identifying talent; and huge investment in staff development.
We are hiring an experienced Account Manager to work with our Public Service Transport area, with coverage across the UK.
You will need to achieve ambitious quarterly sales quotas by cultivating leads and creating an opportunity pipeline, by creating high quality sales proposals, and by closing orders. You will become familiar with Trapeze’s full and varied product range and you will build an excellent understanding of the UK public transport market, developing strong professional client relationships at a senior level, and throughout the target organisations.
You will also be required to draft quality tender responses to the typical Trapeze high standards
You will join our Public Service Enterprise business unit Sales Team and will report to the Sales Manager. The position will be based at our head office in Chippenham, Wiltshire but home working is also a possibility.
You will work with sales and marketing colleagues, and independently to proactively hunt for new opportunities. You will develop and maintain relationships with new and existing accounts to find, build, manage and close sales opportunities on a consistent basis
- Meet or exceed each quarter’s assigned sales quota and you will assist your line manager and the sales team in achieving the sales team’s quota
- Pursue and close new business, building trust, loyalty and solid long-term relationships with key decision-makers.
- Lead and coordinate customer presentations, including product demonstrations where appropriate and prepare and submit proposals.
- Build a qualified opportunity pipeline which has the profile of close dates and %age likelihoods necessary to support your Bookings quota.
- Maintain details of your Opportunity pipeline in Salesforce so that it provides an up-to-date view of your activities and prospects.
- Pipeline Management: Have a clear documented sales and product strategy for your account base.
- Documented client strategies: Support our bid management team in preparing tender responses, including win and pricing strategies.
- Create, maintain and implement a balanced contact and visit plan to nurture existing clients and to generate new prospects.
- Document critical sales activities and conversations in a professional and timely manner.
- Visit Plan & Adherence: Maintain an in-depth awareness of Trapeze products, markets and industry trends.
- Liaise with the product management team to identify new product initiatives.
- New product development & consultancy sales:Participate in all aspects of the sale from start to finish, being involved from strategy and marketing through to price and contract negotiations, and contribute to marketing collateral and campaigns.
- Present Trapeze, its business and products, to clients and prospective clients across the web, in the press and at industry conferences & trade shows.
- Content creation & speaking engagements: Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of your activities, pipeline and forecasts in our CRM system (we use Salesforce)
Skills & Experience
- A track record of technical software solution sales to public sector clients, including evidence of meeting and exceeding challenging quotas
- Consultative in approach, evidenced by exceptional ability to ask the right questions of the right person at the right time.
- Demonstrable record of success within, public procurement processes.
- Knowledge of business studies, IT or sales and marketing
- Previous background of selling to, or knowledge of the public transport sector
- Willing and able to travel extensively within the UK
Why Trapeze Group UK?
In return we offer a competitive salary of up to £45,000 (DOE) plus sales bonus and a full benefits package including
- Excellent pension scheme offering 5% contribution
- 4x salary life assurance
- Income protection plan
- 23 days holiday + bank holidays in 1st year increasing to 25 days
- Health care cash back plan
- Holiday buy & sell scheme
- Car allowance
- Bike to work scheme
Number of Openings Available:
And a fantastic opportunity to join a market leading Software Company.
If you’re interested in this role then click on apply!
Alert me to jobs like this.
Set up a job alert.