Area Sales Manager, Industrial
We have an opportunity for an organised and professional Area Sales Manager (Industrial) to join our team. You will be responsible for the northern region – from Bangor to Berwick, from Sellafield to Skegness. You will be a sales professional with pump experience, preferably in high-pressure water jetting and high pressure industrial pump equipment sales. Based in the North of England but willing to travel as required to customer/prospect sites around the UK and occasionally overseas.
- Full time, permanent.
- Generous pension scheme.
- Income protection.
- Life assurance.
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.
- Early finish on Fridays.
- Working on the growth of our industrial and water jetting product ranges you will identify and develop new opportunities and strategies for sales of the Calder Industrial product line.
- Win profitable orders for the company, with a focus on growing our market share with Industrial Service contractors and Engineering businesses in the petrochemical/refining, nuclear, construction and civil and automotive market sectors.
- To develop a large and profitable customer base.
- Establish and/or maintain strong relationships with prospects and customers.
- Organise and conduct trials and demonstrations of the Calder range of products.
- Liaison with customers during order implementation, and post order, as the need arises.
- Use the CRM (Customer Relations Management) software to maintain an up to date record of contacts and visits with customers and prospective customers and order intake potential.
- Regularly report on sales activity and planned future sales visits.
- Help, advise and support the Sales team in preparation of industrial sales budgets and forecasts and assist in direction of future sales and marketing strategy.
- Be pro-active in promotion of the company sales and marketing efforts.
- Track important projects/markets ensuring that Calder products are well represented to all participating prospective buyers.
- Seek out knowledge and trends within the industry, maintain awareness of competitor activity and feed this external market information/intelligence to the Calder team.
- Be a team player, willing to give additional input as and when required to meet customer-based deadlines.
- Demonstrate outstanding initiative.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Competent to conduct product demonstrations.
- Willing to travel extensively throughout the UK and occasionally overseas.
- Aware of competitor activity within the sales area.
- Prepared to be “hands-on” when required.
- Be self–motivated and keen to learn and develop.
- Be target driven, with drive to achieve and surpass business objectives and the ability to close orders.
- Capable of developing the profitability of the business.
- IT Skills conversant with MS Windows and Office packages.
- Extensive knowledge of the high-pressure pump and/or the high-pressure water jetting market place.
- Proven successful track record in capital equipment sales to contractors, end users and specifiers.
- Must be commercially competent.
- Water Jet association – one-day safety awareness trained.
- Sound knowledge of Calder’s product range.
- Sound negotiating skills for before and after contract award.
- Full, clean driving licence.
Alert me to jobs like this.
Set up a job alert.
Role not for you?
Why not browse other Industrial Roles via salesroles today. You can find other jobs like this Industrial sales Job with our simple Job Search. As well as advertising roles like this, Salesroles also specialises in Car Sales jobs, Digital Marketing jobs, IT Sales jobs and other specialist sales and Marketing jobs for a wide range of employers and recruiters. And If you are looking for career advice or job searching tips, then make sure you check out our Career Advice articles which are updated regularly with useful advice and resources.
Why not follow us on Twitter to get the latest job updates and good luck with your job search.