PatSnap is a global, hyper-growth, venture-backed start-up with offices in London, Beijing, Shanghai, Suzhou, Singapore and LA. Our cloud-based software enables innovators to be more effective in their research and investment decisions, and bring new inventions to market faster.
Our hyper-growth trajectory is powered by our people, and we are extremely proud of our company-wide vision, work ethic, and entrepreneurial spirit. Ideas are always welcome, regardless of seniority, because we believe that open innovation amplifies success throughout every department: product development, marketing, sales or operations.
PatSnappers like to learn, grow and make a difference. Join us, and be part of our story.
What is Customer Success?
Customer Success lies at the heart of PatSnap’s customer retention and growth strategy. The Associate Account Manager is an individual contributor position responsible for building and developing strong partnerships with our customers. Our goal is to maximise the impact of their subscriptions through high adoption and subsequent value realisation. The Associate AM will develop a deep knowledge of their customers’ business and create success plans to help them meet their objectives. The Associate AM is ultimately responsible for the retention of customers from initial sale through to contract renewal.
What can I expect to do?
- You will be the point of contact for all customer account management matters for high volume of customers
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting client relationships, ensuring PatSnap is delivering exceptional value to our clients as quickly as possible
- Negotiate contracts and close agreements to maximize annual recurring revenue retention
- Clearly communicate the progress of monthly/quarterly initiatives to internal and external stakeholders
- Collaborate with sales team to identify and grow opportunities within territory
Why would I love this role?
- You show the potential to articulate solutions and deliver business cases that resonate with our customers
- You have some experience in account management and show the capability to use planning frameworks to prioritise key tasks and activities within your book of business
- You have strong listening, negotiation and presentation abilities
- You are customer centric and are driven by having a positive impact on PatSnap’s customers
- You are highly presentable and relish the opportunity to deal with all manner of clients, in environments that others would consider challenging
- You have some experience hitting an account management or renewal based target
What are the challenges?
- As with any role within a fast growing SaaS business you have to be able to flex to changing business priorities, so if you are adaptable and embrace change then you should thrive in this environment.
- Our structure is relatively flat and non hierarchical and egos don’t fly here so no job is too big or too small, we all get stuck in to make the business successful, so you better get ready to roll up your sleeves!
- Expansion is a major theme, so as you can expect we are facing new situations and market opportunities which we’ve not encountered previously, therefore these isn’t always someone’s footsteps to follow, you will need to be able to work as a pioneer, carving the path and sharing your learnings with your colleagues.
What’s in it for me?
- Unparalleled career progression in a hyper growth SaaS organisation (backed by Sequoia, Summit Partners, and Xiaomi’s founder) with a multi-cultural, East-meets-West DNA.
- A market leading product in an innovative space, PatSnap’s mission is to help companies accelerate innovation.
- Incredible variety as we serve R&D teams that work on everything from sending us to Mars, discovering life-saving drugs, thrilling us with F1 cars, and sustaining us with preserved foods.
- Competitive salary package, with an industry leading commission plan and great benefits, located in a beautiful business park
- Red tape? What red tape? – at PatSnap you will be more than just a cog of an organisational machine, we encourage you to challenge the status quo and provide opportunities for do-ers and learners
- We hold our values strongly:-
- Integrity without compromise
- Self-learning & practitioner mindset
- Dare to dream big and make mistakes
- Teamwork and sharing
- Radical candor with courage
Alert me to jobs like this.
Set up a job alert.