idverde is the largest European green services provider employing almost 3,500 staff across the UK and with a current annual turnover of £250m. We focus on the outdoor environment, providing landscape construction, grounds maintenance, winter services, tree surgery and conservation management. We are very environmentally conscious and like to support local people to make their green spaces better.
We operate in highly competitive market sectors where winning new business and service provision requires not only high levels of operational know-how, but also high levels of ability in written presentation, numeracy, IT skills and academic achievement. idverde has an excellent track record in winning new business and prides itself on the high quality of tender responses it provides.
Our Business Development Graduate Programme seeks to recruit high-calibre individuals with a passion for personal development, collaborative working and performance excellence.
idverde’s Business Development Graduate Programme is a brilliant opportunity to join a high performing company that invests in its colleagues and provides a comprehensive skills and career progression programme.
PROGRAMME, DUTIES AND TRACKED CAREER PATH
The Business Development Graduate Programme takes place over twelve-months where the colleague will spend the first three months experiencing all functions within our business development operations including responding to pre-qualification questionnaires, method statement writing, attending bidders’ days, GIS mapping, project research and client presentations.
After the initial three-month period, you will specialise in the production of written quality responses, drawing on your existing creative/reportage writing skills, to tenders and service questionnaires.
Within the first 12 months, there will be the opportunity to gain hands-on experience on an idverde contract to develop a better understanding of the business.
Possible next positions might include:
- Bid Writer
- Bid Manager
- Project Manager
- Business Development Manager
- Commercial Manager
- Tenders Manager
PERFORMANCE INDICATORS AND OPPORTUNITIES FOR ASSESSMENT
- Performance report from the Business Development Manager during the induction period
- Attainment of defined skills milestones during induction period
- Tenders submitted
- Development of personal, social and presentation skills
- Peer reviews and feedback
- You must have, or expect to gain, good A Levels or a degree related to the role, such as:
- Modern Languages
- Chemical Engineering
- Demonstrate previous work experience during your career so far, either as part of an integrated degree course or extra-curricular activity
- You must possess excellent written communication skills, be highly numerate and have excellent IT skills, specifically, competence in using Microsoft Word and Excel
- Competitive pay to match your skills and experience
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Generous Holiday Allowance
- Access to our idverde Benefits Hub
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Plus much more
Alert me to jobs like this.
Set up a job alert.