Our niche client is looking for a Business Development Manager to join their growing team promoting innovative technology solutions for some of the highest profile meetings in the world.
Role Main Objective:
As a Business Development Manager your job will be to focus on generating new business as a
result of outbound telephone calls and face to face appointments with prospective new clients.
You will work closely with colleagues to initiate contact with potential new clients through a
combination of your own research and meetings arranged on your behalf as well as nurturing
leads from events and other marketing activities. You will be tasked with pitching the company
proposition to a new customer base that spans multiple verticals, conduct product
demonstrations, produce proposals and manage the sales process accordingly.
Duties and Key Responsibilities:
When it comes to generating leads, day-to-day duties typically include:
- Researching markets, organisations and decision makers online to identify new leads
- Researching the needs of these companies to establish who makes the decisions about purchasing
- Proactively contacting prospects via email or phone to establish rapport and set up meetings (5-8 meetings per week; 30 + calls per day)
- Contacting new enquiries within 24hrs to identify their needs on the product/service they are looking for
- Email quote, log onto CRM, (salesforce) & follow up
- Proposing new marketing initiatives
- Attending conferences, meetings, client and industry events
- Recording all sales activity on CRM – Salesforce
- Preparing PowerPoint presentations and sales demonstrations
- Contacting clients to inform them about new developments in the company’s products
- Developing quotes and proposals
- Negotiating and renegotiating by phone, email, and in person
- Developing sales goals for the new business development team and ensuring they are met
- Working alongside our Account Managers to develop sales enquiries and follow up
- Collaborating with the events and logistics teams in supporting the handover of new business to operations delivery
The person we are looking for:
We are looking for someone who has some previous sales experience who has a confident phone manner, is very organised and has experience working with sales CRM, ideally Salesforce. Someone who is tenacious and can ‘think on their feet’ and come up with compelling reasons why a prospect may need to hear from us.
- First class communication: strong & clear written and spoken English
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office and IT in general
- Excellent documentation skills
- Knowledge of Salesforce CRM and G Suite (nice to have)
- Ability to work under pressure
- Organised with an eye for detail
- Flexible, adaptable and collaborate with other departments
- Strong and positive team player
- Ability to multi-task
- Driving License
Reporting to Head of Sales
Working Hours 37.5 hours per week, Mon – Fri 9am to 5.30pm office (flexible to include attendance of occasional events outside of these hours and travel to a client’s premises)
Other Information Holiday 25 days per year plus public holidays, Pension and Death in Service, Insurance Schemes Health care. Laptop and smartphone
If you have not been contacted within 5 working days, then unfortunately on this occasion your CV has not been shortlisted.Alert me to jobs like this.
Set up a job alert.