At Utilita we believe in enabling people to be the best that they can be. Our determination to succeed is achieved by us working together with a common goal: to service our customers in the best possible way and challenge the status quo.
So how do we do that?
- By using innovative technology. Our award-winning App, My Utilita, is one of the top three of its kind on Google Play, and our continued focus on using new technology is why Utilita is ranked third in the Southern Tech 100. Our regulator, OFGEM, has praised us for the technology we use to interact with our vulnerable customers.
- We have a product to be proud of. Utilita were the first to install a SMART meter back in 2008. We currently have around 800,000 customers and we are going from strength to strength, diversifying our portfolio into other pay as you go offerings.
- Making a difference for our customers. Every month Utilita gives customers the chance to win free energy and cash prizes through our customer Jackpot.
- Making a difference to the community. As others move away from the high street, Utilita have opened a number of Retail Hubs across the country. Helping to integrate into the community by offering free use of community rooms and a local service.
In order to ensure we can do all of that, we provide:
- A continuous development culture, through our leadership programmes, apprenticeships and learning platforms.
- Employee engagement we appreciate our staff and want to know what they think. We were recently awarded “one to watch” by the Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to work for, a vote of confidence from our staff that we’re doing lots of things right.
- We have a peer recognition scheme – the Great 8 – because we understand how good it feels to be valued and appreciated.
What part can you play in making a difference?
As we continue to expand into other areas of the country, you will promote and help increase our sales in our commercial division. Through multiple channels you will proactively speak with small and medium sized organisations, landlords and housing associations. You will arrange and attend meetings providing tailored quotations promoting Utilita as their service provider.
As well as securing new business you will also be responsible for managing existing accounts including renewals.
What do we need from you?
As an experienced Business Development Manager in the B2B world, you will have excellent presentation and communication skills and a track record of achieving and exceeding sales targets.
Energy industry knowledge is an advantage but not essential.
What can we give back in return?
- A great work life balance. We have moved to the new normal where we offer the option to work from home.
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
- The opportunity to win tickets to major outdoor events with Utilita Extra – when they are back up and running! Including, gigs and shows at the Utilita Newcastle and Birmingham arenas.
- Discounted employee energy tariffs.
- We are a patron of the Princes Trust and offer all of our staff a paid volunteering day every year plus various fun fund raisers.
- A health care scheme that includes dental, eyecare, treatments and diagnostics health consultations.
- Employee Assistance Programme with access to counselling support, legal and financial advice 24/7 365 days a year, as well as a GP line and Your Care.
- Access to hundreds of discounts including gym memberships, shops, restaurants, travel and accommodation.
Alert me to jobs like this.
Set up a job alert.