Our client is going through a period of organic growth, with a fleet of over 40 HGV’s and a significant growth strategy we are now seeking an experienced logistics Business Development Manager to generate new profitable revenue growth by actively optimising outbound and backload trailer space.
- Identify line haul outbound and backload opportunities across the UK
- Achieve a target number of business appointments per week
- Effectively manage a new business pipeline Customer Liaison
- Produce and issue service information packs and agreements
- Write and co-ordinate appropriate tender response activity
- Fully understand the customer requirements and provide competitive, profitable pricing within agreed timescales
- To liaise with key internal stakeholders i.e Transport, Operations, Warehouse to ensure the smooth on boarding of new customers and services
Key skills, experience and Attributes required:
- Working knowledge, sales and commercial experience of heavy haulage logistics and distribution and 3PL services
- Accurate and thorough, with a good eye for detail
- Able to analyse data, spot trends, draw conclusions and make recommendations to customers
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills with the ability to communicate clearly both written and verbal
- High level presentation skills
- Flexible, adaptable and able to work in a fast paced environment
- Good MS Office skills (Word / Excel / PowerPoint)
- full driving licence (Required)
To apply, please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com or, alternatively, submit your application via the link below.
At Aspion, our core values have been built around the importance of transparency, innovation, passion and collaboration. As such, we are committed to open communication and the protection of your privacy. We have updated our policies in line with new General Data Protection Regulation laws to make it easier for you to understand how we collect, store and handle your data – These can be viewed on our website.Alert me to jobs like this.
Set up a job alert.