Our Client based in Chatham, Kent is seeking an experienced Business Development Manager to join their fast-growing team offering cyber assurance services.
- Sell consultants time, rather than products – the output is advice and recommendations, not software or boxes, with each service tailored to some degree rather than off-the-shelf
- Focus on new business generation from outbound activity – cold calling/emailing
- Retain and develop all accounts won
- Gradually encompass more account management as clients are won and retained
- National accounts and all verticals
- Leverage our position within established sectors and break into less developed sectors
- Arrange and run meetings where necessary
- Produce formal written quotes and tender responses
- First year revenue target of £100k pa, so approximate rate of 20 orders in year one
- High level training to position company and services, followed by candidate immersing themselves in the role, rapidly picking up company specifics and blending with existing sales and industry knowledge, alongside ongoing support
- Long sales cycle means activity, energy and pipeline creation will be an important initial KPI
- Able to build consultative relationships rather than a rapid fire sales approach, although qualification and closing skills vital
- Ability to work autonomously and propose own campaigns
- Target driven, pipeline builder, personable, confident, credible, positive, relationship developer, resilient and tenacious sales person
- 2 years’ experience in B2B sales (ideally IT), full sales cycle (prospecting-quoting-closing)
- Previous experience in managing longer sales cycles rather than fast paced
- Evidence of on target sales results and key achievements
- Able to get up to speed and pick up detailed service and industry knowledge
- Able to correctly qualify and manage prospects and accounts
- Good attention to detail – picking up on specific client requirements and producing accurate written proposals
- Able to work to high standards – take ownership of own performance and account related issues
- Work in a professional manner – do the right thing by customer, self and company
- Good level of qualifications – good education with IT A-level/degree or IT sales experience
Pay £24-27K basic +£5-8k OTE (uncapped)
Basic + commission via monthly and quarterly target-based schemes
Stakeholder pension, 20 days holiday per year, car, laptop, phone etc.
Travel to meetings is expensed, typically with hire car provided for regional appointments
3 month probation, and employment subject to successful security background check
To apply, please email email@example.com
Alert me to jobs like this.
Set up a job alert.