Heras are a dynamic and expert international company with a strong European presence in the perimeter protection industry. Our products are sold globally, and in the UK we are proud protect vital infrastructure including water supply, the criminal justice system, and the national food chain.
We have strong plans for future growth and we are investing heavily in our people including training and development, wellbeing, engagement, and rewards.
About the Role & the Team
Are you a reliable and committed Business Development Manager with the ability to thrive in a fast paced, dynamic, and exciting environment? If so, we would love to receive your application to join the Heras Mobile family.
This role will provide an opportunity to build a strong and sustainable business through selling (and/or rent) temporary exterior safety products and systems at the maximum attainable value and ensure that the turnover, margin and volume targets are achieved in the assigned sales territory. Increase turnover through sustainable retention methods and new business generation, build strong working relationships and build a portfolio of clients/customers to grow and sustain sales. You will also be required to plan, sell and deliver services over a geographically diverse area.
This role will be in Sittingbourne with regular travel across other Heras and Customer sites in the UK with occasional overnight stays.
- Prime role to guide and develop sales both internal and external clients/customers
- Prime objective to provide advice and sell (and/or rent) temporary exterior safety products and systems
- Clear and defined range of services and products to market
- Key objective to grow and develop Mobile sales, developing a sustainable pipeline
- Grow sales through organic and new methods to meet targets
- Identification of new and current business opportunities
- Support specific UK projects on an as and when required basis
- Create strong portfolio of clients and increase market network
- Forecasts – short, mid and long term
- Ensure communication and transparency of contracts gained enabling full service delivery
- Reporting weekly summary activities and or monthly reporting activities producing analytical reports
- Liaison with UK Service Manager and the many cross-functional teams to support supply and demand
- Undertake any other reasonable duties as required in which you adequately trained to carry out.
- Maintain existing customers and win new customers.
- Maximize turnover, margin, and volumes per customer.
- Identify trends and opportunities in the market including specific customer needs.
- Actively contribute to, and encourage, new products, services and/or concepts by making proposals to the UK Sales Manager.
- Promoting the core values of the company/brand
- Making and implementing sales and account plans (define visit frequency, number of new customers, turnover growth and margin development, determine how sales support tools are used)
- Exposing the position and prepare analysis of competitors.
- Resolving claims and complaints yourself or by others
- Write visit reports and periodic sales reports
- Give feedback to UK Sales Manager in twice monthly meetings
- Contribute to the development of product information.
- Make proposals for the development of the commercial policies.
- Advise the UK Sales Manager on the sales budget by submitting medium-term reports (budget at customer level) for your assigned sales territory.
- Advise the UK Sales Manager on assigning/rejecting claims and complaints.
- Prepare price comparisons to determine the competitive level of own products so you can advise the UK Sales Manager.
- Discuss the progress of work activities, claims, complaints and such with the UK Sales Manager.
- Write visit reports and periodic sales reports for your sales territory.
- Collect information and discuss offers with customers and potential customers.
- Negotiate volumes, prices and margins with customers.
- Provide advice for the correct temporary security.
- Conclude orders within agreed bandwidths (margins, payment terms, guarantee clauses, etc.).
- Achieve the agreed turnover, margin and volume in your assigned sales territory.
- Keep outstanding quotations’ follow-up continuously up to date.
- Keep the customer database up to date.
- Ensure that quotations and orders are clear and complete.
- Keep colleagues of the internal sales team informed at all times.
- Make proposals for product improvements and developments.
- Comply with the applicable procedures, regulations and standards concerning quality, working conditions, safety, environment, and techniques.
- Enhanced holidays of 33 days per year (one week more than the statutory minimum)
- Salary Sacrifice Pension Scheme
- Free On-site Parking
- £500 Employee Referral Scheme
- Eye Care Vouchers
- Life Assurance (2 x annual salary)
- Parental Support & Counselling Services
- Employee Assistance Programme & Healthy Living App
- Wellbeing Hubs
- Holiday Purchase Scheme (up to 5 days per year)
- Ownership: You look after tasks, queries, and problems and take responsibility from start to finish, ensuring a great service
- Resilience: You are able to recover from setbacks quickly, and are able to thrive within a fast paced, busy environment
- Full UK driving license
- Strong working level of ICT skills on applications such as Excel, Word and Outlook
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build effective relationships and to motivate teams to perform
- Professional and confident manner, able to adapt to varying audiences
- Positive and proactive approach to work with the ability to initiate practical solutions
- Solid organisational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Results driven with a customer focused mindset
- Strong time management ability to ensure project completion deadlines are met or minimised as much as possible
- Committed to delivering the utmost service/support to the business and our customers
- Excellent communication skills
- Influencing skills
- Can drive results
- Extensive experience of planning and organising projects, and taking ownership of projects from start to finish
- Management of workflows with multiple stakeholders, ensuring efficiency and desired outcomes
- Good knowledge of perimeter protection products
- Extensive previous experience in a successful sales role within a similar industry/product
- Commercial knowledge & financially astute
- Able to illustrate a knowledge of the operational attention to detail
- Sales experience selling to niche and specialised markets
- Ability to sell and seek out new business
- Educated to degree level
- Construction industry experience
We are an equal opportunities employer and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships. If you require any reasonable adjustments or have any particular needs arising from a disability then please outline this on your application so that we can offer the right support for you.
Alert me to jobs like this.
Set up a job alert.