Business Development Manager
Reporting to: CEO
MAN Commercial Protection Ltd are a security company based in Solihull, West Midlands, providing manned guarding to a vast and varied client base across the UK. Highly-regarded in the industry, MAN Commercial are the current ‘Business of the Year’ winners, awarded by the British Security Industry Association.
The heart of our business is our people. Our business is growing quickly and our future plans are ambitious. An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Business Development Manager to join our friendly head office team.
We specialise in manned guarding, and as such our product is people. Experience in selling a service on a contract basis is preferred.
The role of Business Development Manager sits within the Commercial Team, with the successful applicant regularly communicating directly with the CEO.
The successful candidate will take ownership of all aspects of the sales cycle, from prospecting and initial introduction to assisting with the tender process and beyond, creating and maintaining successful relationships with new and existing clients. They will be the first point of contact from our business to new prospects.
· Generating sales leads, both major blue-chip companies and SME businesses.
· Identifying decision makers and potential manned guarding requirements
· Maintaining a close relationship with prospects and clients to drive future opportunities
· Business Development: Prospect, nurture and develop new business opportunities to present to the CEO.
· Account Management and Customer Relationships: Ensure a successful working relationship is formed to allow scope for further ad-hoc sales and drive future opportunities.
· Pricing: Create pricing and quotes as directed by the Commercial Team.
· Commercial Insight: Responsibility for building and maintaining a database of up to date prospects.
· The ability to build excellent internal relationships across Commercial and Operational teams.
· Work closely with the Marketing Team to develop and distribute effective external marketing materials that promote our services to a database of prospective clients.
· Support the Commercial Team with production of tenders and related materials
· Provide weekly updates to the CEO
The Ideal Candidate will have:
· A demonstrable history of consistently achieving new business and hitting commercial targets
· Experience of prospecting, negotiating and closing contracted sales
· The ability to build and grow strong relationships across an organisation and with external customers.
· Excellent interpersonal, influencing, communication and organisational skills.
· Professional and confident telephone manner
· Passion, enthusiasm and a real willingness to learn about and engage with our business, and both prospective and current clients. The successful candidate will be someone who can live the Company values and understands the MAN Commercial story and vision for the future.
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits including;
· 20 days holiday per annum plus all UK Bank Holidays
· 1% commission on year 1 sales
· Contributory pension scheme
· Free parking
This is an office-based role in Solihull, West Midlands.
Hours of work are Monday – Friday, 9.00am – 5.00pm inclusive of a 30 minute lunch break.
If this sounds like the ideal opportunity for you, please apply by submitting a CV and covering letter, we would love to hear from you!
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £32,000.00-£35,000.00 per year
- On-site parking
Alert me to jobs like this.
Set up a job alert.