The company: They are a leading international healthcare company committed to improving the lives of patients with intimate healthcare needs. Wound care in this company is entering an exciting phase of its development in the UK. With an expanding portfolio of products the division is delivering exceptional results and the ambition of the wound care team is to be the fastest growing wound care company globally.
The position: The client is the world’s leading medtech company and we are looking for an additional successful Business Development Manager to join the Wound Care Team. The role will be working 80% of the time in the North West as a BDM with 20% of the time supporting in Lothian (Edinburgh the surrounding area) and Dumfries & Galloway over the next 12 months in a Territory Manager capacity.
Why should you apply?
- This is an outstanding opportunity to join a market leading medical device company. Do you like responsibility? Are you passionate about market access? Can you develop customer relationships which drive your business? They offer great career opportunities plus an excellent benefits package.
- Continued investment (more than 3 times the UK average) into learning and development programmes.
- To enhance your already excellent sales skills they will provide you with market leading training and development opportunities too.
- In the UK they are in the “100 Best Companies to Work For”.
Basic salary: Competitive
Bonus and incentives
Area Working: North West and Scotland – 80% of the time in the North West as a BDM with 20% of the time supporting in Lothian (Edinburgh the surrounding area) and Dumfries & Galloway over the next 12 months in a Territory Manager capacity.
Products: Wound care
Ideally you should have wound care experience along with a successful track record of sales through key account management. You must have a commercial and strategic mindset to think nationally and work across a 3-5 year timeframe. You should be able to demonstrate an understanding of the NHS environment and customers, as well as demonstrating the communication and interpersonal skills required to understand customer issues, challenge customer thinking and break habits. You will need the ability to analyse, evaluate data and build an action plan. You should have experience of working with CCGs, Supply Chain, Procurement and NHS Senior Management.
You will work in close partnership with the NHS, CCG’s and other healthcare professionals to sell the wound care products and services. The BDM role has strategic responsibility for identifying solutions that support these partnerships to achieve objectives whilst also driving sales and account growth. You will be responsible for selling a Wound Care offering including products, services and solutions, into the NHS, to primary and secondary care.
Accountabilities and responsibilities:
- Sell the Wound Care offering into the NHS at the Director, Procurement, Senior Management & Senior Clinician levels and Wholesalers & Private Accounts. (The Wound Care offering consists of products, wound care advisory, ONPOS, education and other services)
- Develop creative recommendations to influence accounts in order to drive sales whilst also meeting our partners objectives. Conduct regional account analysis to identify growth opportunities, reviewing all options to develop accounts.
- Manage all accounts to drive growth – including generating and distributing usage reports to Territory Managers and customers to initiate discussions and change behaviours
- Work closely with Territory Managers to drive Key Accounts to grow formulary listings and ultimately sales
- Build great customer relationships within the NHS (Specialists, TVNs, Heads of Nursing, Operations Manager, General Managers, Community Service Managers, Procurement)
- Build great customer relationships with CCGs (Medicine Management, Optimisation, Senior Pharmacists, Finance, Board Members)
- Understand and stay on top of developments to the National NHS landscape and consider this when building proposals. Be confident to talk to customers about the implications of the wider NHS landscape
- Promote the concept of ONPOS (non-prescription accounts), maintain ONPOS accounts through regular review meetings ensuring you are continually making recommendations on appropriate use of the service and ensuring spend is sustainable
- Be productive and disciplined to ensure you have insights and knowledge into the Advanced Wound Care market and use these insights to maintain credibility and influence your thinking
- Prepare for meetings through completing appropriate research (e.g. understanding Commissioning intentions) so that you can ensure any solutions fit with the wider NHS objectives
- Jointly lead a monthly Business Review with your Regional Business Leader and deliver on agreed actions
- Identify Key Opinion Leaders and potential product and brand advocates. connect with these KOLs and develop partnerships.
- Healthcare and dental
- 28 days holiday
- Death in Service (4x salary)
- Share incentive plan
- Childcare vouchers and bonus
- Reward and recognition schemes
Alert me to jobs like this.
Set up a job alert.