As the SaaS space expands there’s more potential than ever to build a huge software company.
Having a great product is only part of the journey. Software and SaaS businesses today experience a lot of frustration trying to sell their products when it comes to managing subscription plans, calculating local tax rates or handling trials and licensing.
Paddle solves all that hassle with an integrated growth platform that offers an end-to-end journey for software creators by handling billing, payment, taxes automatically and tackling their main growth challenges head-on. In doing so, we empower software sellers to expand internationally and sell to anyone from individuals to teams and businesses.
Tackling all the growing pains of selling software has enabled us to expand our Sales team to over 20 specialists, split into Business Development and Account Executive roles.
This is where you come in!
We’re looking to hire a Business Development Manager, to manage a team of 7 Business Development Representatives currently, who are tasked with outreaching to potential customers and nurturing leads up until a point that they’re interested in buying. Reporting to the VP of Sales, you’ll play a key role in growing our established BDR team.
What you’ll do
Our success as a business is founded on the strength of our teams. As a Business Development Representative Manager, you will set the tone for your team and foster a culture of strong achievement, inclusiveness, collaboration, creativity, and accountability.
- You will set the direction and empower the success of your team by training them to be more effective at engaging with prospect businesses that will gain value from Paddle’s solutions.
- You will nurture and coach the team to employ the right sales methodologies, instilling the value-sell skill set and developing their business acumen.
- You will measure individual performance against target, conduct weekly one on ones, improve their skills in their current role and ensure each individual in your team has a career progression plan.
- You will lead operational execution for outbound performance, forecasting, and strategic coaching.
- You will help develop sales playbooks that clearly articulate best practices for building a world class demand generation engine.
- You will work alongside other Sales Managers and the VP of Sales to design & implement strategies and optimise communications and approach for software companies, across various verticals.
- You will build and maintain effective relationships across the sales, marketing and product departments to accelerate company growth.
- Plan social events for your team to help build a strong team dynamic and fun environment.
We’d love to hear from you if
- You have a sales background with experience managing and coaching consultative sales teams.
- You have experience in the SaaS space in a B2B growth company.
- You have past experience in closing deals, prospecting, cold outreach and lead generation.
- You are a great motivator and have a passion for developing others through their career progression.
- You are resilient, optimistic, and passionate about technology and complex platforms.
- You know how to build and nurture technical sales pipelines.
- You will have strong commercial acumen, with the ability to spot potential leads and revenue opportunities, and proven track record of successfully building outbound sales processes.
- You are a strong team player and not afraid to challenge the status quo.
It’d be great if
- You have prior experience at a growth stage Internet/software company.
- You have experience selling to technical persons, (CTO, Head of Product, Technical Founders).
Why you’ll love working at Paddle
We are a diverse team of around 140 people based near Shoreditch. We care deeply about enabling a great culture which is inclusive no matter your background. We celebrate our diverse group of talented employees and we pride ourselves on our transparent, collaborative, friendly and respectful culture.
We offer a full slate of benefits, including competitive salaries, stock options, pension plans, private healthcare and on-site coaching sessions. We believe in flexible working and offer all team members unlimited holidays and 3 months paid parental leaves regardless of gender. Plus we offer some not-so-standard, extra-fun benefits, which can include anything from joining the office football team, taking up in-office yoga lessons or enjoying a board game night. We host regular company get-togethers and quarterly socials. We have weekly catered lunches and of course, fully stocked fridges and cold brew on tap. We value learning and will help you with your personal development where we can — from constant exposure to new challenges and annual learning stipend to regular internal and external training.
Our mission is to help software companies succeed — enabling them to focus on creating products the world loves. Hundreds of companies rely on our e-commerce platform to sell their software products globally, as well as our powerful analytics and marketing tools to understand and grow their businesses.
Our vision is to become the platform that all software companies use to run and grow their business. We aim to replace a fragmented ecosystem of specialised tools with a unified platform that removes the complex burden that comes with running a software business, whilst also providing unparalleled insight to help them grow faster.
We’re early in our journey but making great progress: Deloitte Fast 50 named us the fastest growing software company in the UK (we’ve tripled revenue every year since our launch in 2012), and we’ve raised over $25m in funding from incredible investors such as Notion, BGF and Kindred.
We believe in having diverse teams in which everyone can be their authentic self is key to our success. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply and we don’t discriminate based on race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, marital status, disability or age. Our office is wheelchair friendly and we are a family-friendly employer.
Alert me to jobs like this.
Set up a job alert.