Seize your chance to join the Dennis family and take your place as our newest Classified Sales Executive on our market leading brand The Week.
By delivering on its promise to provide its adoring readers with ‘All you need to know about everything that matters’ The Week is established as a highly respected publishing success story. Now the largest subscription Newsweekly in the UK, the 30 consecutive ABC increases (current ABC 197,255) of the print edition is equalled by the rapid growth of both App and digital editions of The Week. A true ‘zeitgeist’ product, The Week is a sophisticated, multiplatform brand with 83% subscription rate and a 70% A/B profile. Voted the favourite magazine of the Campaign A-list and number 1 read of the ‘100 most influential clients’ selected by Marketing. Recent wins include PPA consumer magazine of The Year at the PPA awards and digital edition of the year for The Week app at the PPA Data & Digital Publishing Awards.
The successful applicant will sell classified advertising to a wide range of upscale lifestyle clients. You will have a client direct patch and be expected to drive new business while also working with West-End agencies which you will be expected to book display and classified to. The successful applicant will also have the opportunity to sell iPad and digital when the opportunity arises.
The role requires an articulate and professional pitch to direct clients and agency contacts combined with efficient account management of current advertisers to maintain our strong yields and client base. You will need to use initiative to source, pitch and win new business by thinking creatively to anticipate the calendar of forthcoming events and seasonal consumer behaviour to deliver incremental revenue in The Week.
You’re a strong team player with good self-motivation, who is confident in selling both face to face and by phone.
Sourcing new business from competitor press, trade press and the internet, you will maintain and grow new and existing business from both direct clients and West-End agencies. You will be self-sufficient and driven, achieving call and meeting targets with exceptional organisational skills to fulfil the sales process from the sell to copy sourcing, meeting all deadlines along your way.
To be successful in this role you must be confident, enthusiastic and have excellent communication skills. The ideal applicant will be able to sell confidently over the phone to decision makers at all levels. You will need to be organized, motivated and able to meet deadlines successfully. The candidate we are looking for must have strong business acumen and a flair for winning new business
At Dennis, we’re dedicated to creating brands that people want to work on and a culture that people want to work in and we want you to be part of the next success everyone’s talking about.
- We’re award winning. You will be working across award-winning brands and in award-winning teams and joining a culture where innovation and success are encouraged.
- Our Commitment. We’re very proud to work for the benefit of The Heart of England Forest; an exciting and ambitious charity aiming to plant and preserve the largest native broadleaf forest in England. Founded by our late chairman, Felix Dennis, every employee gets the chance to plant a tree in their name so you can feel part of our vision.
- We’re always thinking of you. You’ll have access to plenty of great benefits such as 28 days holiday, a contributory pension scheme and discounted gym membership.
- We recognise hard work. Have you always dreamed of taking time out of work to travel the world? You’ll be given the opportunity to take a 6 week paid sabbatical after five years service. And if you’re lucky enough to win our Employee of the Year Award you’ll be sent on a holiday of a lifetime, selecting from one of our handpicked travel experiences to a variety of destinations that will certainly have the ‘wow’ factor.
- We know how to have fun. Whether it’s swatting up for one of our pub quizzes, creating a costume for our famous fancy dress parties or taking part in a fitness challenge as part of our annual charity day – we can guarantee you will share the enjoyment of life at Dennis.
Dennis does not discriminate. We’re just interested in your skills, your talent and your potential. So if you feel like this role is for you, please press apply now.Alert me to jobs like this.
Set up a job alert.