The Client Sales Executive acts as key support person to the sales teams. They assist members of the sales force by performing all sales order related tasks. These staff members contribute to operational sales effectiveness by establishing relationships with vendors and clients, co-ordinating every day interactions, queries and general information sharing with them.
- Client Sales Executives are typically assigned to support one or more Client Managers and/or Sales Specialist. Their day to day duties include providing quotes for clients either from direct requests or on behalf of the Sales team. This might involve a degree of product pricing where the Client Sales Executive sometimes has the ability to influence the price and margin, by suggesting different products dependant on lead times, promotions, alternative suppliers and programmes. Once the order is raised they will check the quotes to ensure that what has been ordered has been quoted and that the correct terms and conditions have been applied.
- They may be required to manage aspects of the client purchase order process by generating, distributing and administrating orders.
- They manage vendor costs in conjunction with commercial colleagues and ensure access to vendor pricing.
- Timely throughput of Quotes/Orders – When sales orders are received they process and administer the sales orders.
- They administer general sales related documentation through receiving, labelling, sorting, filing and distributing as is required.
- Accuracy of data on Quotes/Orders – they capture data and maintain systems as is required by the sales process and sales team. They will also use the systems and data to produce reports when necessary.
- Completeness of Quotes/ Orders & Client Satisfaction – in general they provide support to the sales force when it is required. Their success is determined by the client service orientation, their team work and management skills and their ability to manage their assigned work processes.
- Experience in sales support/administration or customer services
- Experience working with complex pricing would be an advantage
- IT literate with intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- Experience of using SAP or a similar relational database would be an advantage
- Good understanding of vendor software tools such as Cisco configuration would be an advantage
- Numerate and a good understanding of mathematical
- Attention to detail
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work in a team unsupervised
- Strong time management skills and the ability to work to deadlines
Alert me to jobs like this.
Set up a job alert.