- We have an exciting opportunity for Commercial Manager in Manchester
- Commercial Manager
- Salary £50,000 + Car + Bonus
- Permanent position 9am – 5pm
- Quantity Surveying or Law background
As a Commercial Manager you will support the operational team within a large complex estate on a high value contract where Life Cycle and Capital Works are completed. The role involves the management of the company’s risk profile and assist in the manager of the defect process to help mitigate risk/liability associated with defects.
- Contract commercial management services
- · Compliance
- · Support new business development initiatives
- · Identifying, monitoring and reporting on risks.
- · Supporting the management and mitigation of risks
- Improvement in financial performance of the contract through contractual knowledge and improvement
- Aiding the quality of service by ensuring awareness of contractual responsibilities
- Enforcing commercial compliance
- Taking a key role in the management of contractual claims / disputes with clients and other third-parties
- Production of claims to any potential contentious contractual issue that may arise.
- To provide day to day commercial support to the account management teams.
- Delivery of commercial proposals to existing and new Clients to persuade them to extend current contracts and enter into new contracts including:
- Building strong relationships with senior Client representatives.
- Identification, management and mitigation of risks at all levels associated with such a significant bidding process.
- Leading governance within the bidding process contracts to ensure that the company’s requirements of the contract are being complied with.
- Experienced Commercial Manger ideally from a Quantity Surveying background
- Educated to degree/ diploma level in either Law or Quantity Surveying
- Understanding and practical application of base UK law applicable to Commercial (Construction Act etc).
- Excellent communicator
- Excellent financial acumen with an ability to analyse complex data
- Skilled negotiator with proven experience in a commercial environment
- Sound understanding of risk analysis/management
- PC Literate with knowledge of MS applications e.g. Word, Excel
- Thorough knowledge and experience of Business Assurance systems.
Set up a job alert.