What we’re looking for
It’s an exciting time to join Kuehne + Nagel – our UK business is growing… FAST! We are investing in our bid team and are looking for a Commercial Bid Manager in our Overland (Road) business to join our team in Uxbridge on a Full time permanent basis.
An expert in your field, your role will be to collaborate with our national, regional and global teams in order to proactively design and price bid solutions to our customer requirements. Our team is a critical part of our
sales organisation and works collaboratively across the whole of Kuehne +Nagel’s UK senior management team to strategically drive the creation of competitive commercial solutions. We are looking for an enthusiastic candidate with a passion for creating solutions in our Overland business and who can bring value and creativity to our customer proposals in order to win!
This is an excellent opportunity to join one of the World’s leading and most recognisable logistics organisations. It is our people that ultimately make this happen. If you would like to become a valued member of our team then we will also make sure that you’re rewarded for your commitment and expertise.
What you’ll do
- Proactive engagement with senior sales management and account owners during the sales cycle to ensure we are fully aligned on expected outcomes
- Working across the business understanding Kuehne + Nagel’s (KN) service offerings, industry and market conditions in order to proactively challenge us all to create winning solutions. Use historical data and trends to help shape new winning solutions
- Define project scope of the solution; define tasks, time lines and ownership with account owner and project sponsor and execute full project management role
- Translate the solution into KN-recognised working templates which are distributed out for interpretation and completion by stakeholders. Evaluate and determine the final pricing where appropriate, before submission
- Interact with the bid owner throughout the tender process and ensure all necessary follow up is done both internally and externally until the agreed handover
- Be visible and attend important business unit meetings to drive improved product and market knowledge to create the winning solutions
What you’ll bring
- Project Management within a diverse team environment
- Road industry commercial dynamics
- Global organisation awareness and experience
- Direct sales experience and/or direct operational management
- Experience in dealing with stakeholders at all levels of a Global organisation, this role will require confidence in both taking requirements and presenting back to senior stakeholders
- Medium to advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills essential
- Highly numerate and capable of translating business requirements into commercial approaches
- Ability to manipulate, interpret and analyse large volumes of complex internal and external data
- Desire to create winning solutions and to drive customer excellence
What you’ll get
- Competitive salary
- Company car / car allowance
- 23 days holiday plus public holidays
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Company induction & training
- On going training and development including the opportunity to gain professional qualifications
- Discounts hundreds of household names and brands
- Private health care
- Contributory pension plan and free Life Assurance
- Free car parking
With more than 76,000 employees at 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world’s leading logistics companies. Its strong market position lies in the seafreight, airfreight, contract logistics and overland businesses, with a clear focus on providing IT-based supply chain management.
Learn more >>
Set up a job alert.