CONSTRUCTION BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER (MANCHESTER BASED)
We are an established construction company, based in Glasgow and working throughout the United Kingdom. We undertake new build, refurbishment, building facades and insurance reinstatement work within the industrial, commercial, residential and retail sectors.
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Construction Business Development Manager to join our team. The position will be a Fixed Term or Part Time Contract and based within our Manchester city centre office. Whilst the core activities will be during normal working hours, there may be requirement for out of hours liaison and communication only, as is reasonably required. Reporting directly to our Commercial Director, your role will be pivotal to the expansion of our operations into the North West of England region.
Your duties include but is not limited to:
• Identify, develop and manage a target list of leads / projects to deliver structured growth in line with the Company’s business plan as set out by the board of Directors
• Procure tender enquiries which align with the business plan as set out by the board of Directors
• Develop a proactive strategy for targeting key organisations and individuals in line with the business plan
• Monitor and track all sales and tendering opportunities including obtaining necessary feedback on unsuccessful submissions
• Source PQQ and tender opportunities, co-ordinate pre-qualification questionnaires submission and assisting commercial department in tender submissions and presentations
• Attend and participate in a fortnightly sales and estimating meeting with the Directors and other relevant company employees, providing an overview of your recent activities and report of any forthcoming tenders and/or orders.
• Arrange and attend in person or remote meetings with existing and prospective contacts to introduce our Company, identify future tendering opportunities and secure those.
• Prepare presentations, circulars and communications to existing and prospective contacts to raise the Company’s profile in the region and provide for a platform to secure new business.
Your requirements & skills:
• Candidates will demonstrate a clear understanding of the aforementioned market sectors in the North West of England.
• Retain a minimum of five years’ experience of working within the Construction Industry and with a Main or Principal Contractor and within a similar role
• Possess an ability to identify new Clients and increase tendering opportunities through negotiated and competitive tendering routes.
• Be Client facing and retain an existing network of contacts within the Construction Industry
• Have the ability to increase company awareness through professional networking and marketing functions (website, social media, press releases, etc)
• Display exceptional communication and organisation skills
• Report directly to the Commercial Director but must also be able to communicate and work effectively with the other internal departments of the business.
Be an effective team player with a positive ‘can-do attitude’.
Display high professional standards aligned with honesty and integrity
Be conversant with all Microsoft office packages including, but not limited to, remote meeting platforms such as Zoom and MS Teams.
Have an ability to work to work to required timelines and effectively manage and prioritise a busy workload
Be articulate, polite and fluent in coherent English
Be able to work independently as well as being a team player.
We are only able to consider applications from candidates eligible to work in the UK and are current UK residents.
We offer a competitive remuneration package, dependent upon experience, and an opportunity to be an integral part of a progressive construction company.
Please forward your curriculum vitae to email@example.com
Alert me to jobs like this.
Set up a job alert.