After four years, we are delivering thousands of meals every day across London to some of the world’s most iconic brands – Google, Facebook, Spotify and Buzzfeed, among many others. We’re working with a world of kitchens, over 400 of the best independent chefs, street vendors, specialist caterers, restaurants and supper clubs in London.
We are currently a team of 70, with offices based in London Bridge. As we solidify our position as Europe’s largest B2B food delivery platform and continue to expand geographically, we are looking for a proactive leader with a demonstrable track record of building partnerships in the hospitality industry.
What does being Head of Sales at City Pantry involve?
As Head of Sales you will lead the team fueling the growth of City Pantry, filling our marketplace with the best independent restaurants, specialist caterers, high-street chains and on-trend street food suppliers across the UK. We currently work with over 450 suppliers and we are looking for someone to help us take that well into the thousands as we solidify our position as Europe’s Number 1 catering platform over the next 3 years. You will form part of the leadership team and have a great deal of autonomy in how you deliver this challenge.
- Taking a data-driven, analytical approach to defining what kind of vendors we need, and where, to ensure we’re providing the amazing choice to our customers, including the strategy for pursuing partnerships with major brands
- Continually refining City Pantry’s vendor value proposition as a point of differentiation in a competitive market of third-party platforms
- Defining a vendor commission strategy that balances the need to optimise the City Pantry take rate with speed of acquisition, market positioning and the acquisition of strategic vendors
High speed, high volume acquisition
- Owning the process for how we rapidly build a supply base in new cities across the UK and beyond
- Overseeing the execution of this process
- Keeping your eye on the ball in established markets and ensuring we’re continually optimising our offering towards wow-ing our existing customers
- Growing, managing and developing a team of Vendor Acquisition Executives
- Motivating the team to hit ambitious targets, and designing compelling compensation models to underpin this
- Owning, reporting on and driving improvement against key metrics such as time to acquire, cost to acquire and fit of vendors acquired
We do what we say we will. And here is what we’ll need from you:
- A minimum of 6-8 years’ experience
- Have held business development, partnership or sales roles, ideally in the B2B space
- Have experience with leading and scaling a high performance sales team
- Have a proven track record of exceeding targets
- Ideally possess some experience of working in a high growth environment
- Possession of a strong restaurant or food retailer network would be highly desirable
- Strong negotiator and partnership builder – You are capable of managing and creating constructive partnerships with external parties, with the gravitas required to hold these parties accountable, as well as to drive tough yet sustainable negotiations.
- Inspirational leader – You are able to grow and motivate your team, to delegate and empower, while holding your team responsible and accountable for their areas of ownership.
- Highly analytical and data-driven – You’re as comfortable with seeing the big picture as with studying the minutiae of large data sets in order to ascertain where our next big vendor trend should be coming from
Here’s what you can expect from us. We practice what we preach and eat together three days a week – of course – but there’s a lot more besides:
- Competitive Salary
- Unlimited holiday
- Flexible working hours
- £2000 annual education allowance for you to spend on learning and development
- Regular and diverse social activities such as yoga, “gin & learn” sessions, five-a-side, and wellness Wednesdays, etc.
Set up a job alert.