Cromwell is currently recruiting for a Divisional Sales Manager to join our sales team. This is an exciting opportunity for a driven sales manager to be involved in directly driving forward an exciting period of growth by leading, coaching and developing your sales team by developing and maximizing opportunities to supply a wide range of industrial and engineering related supplies. This position is for a fixed term period of 9-12 months to cover maternity leave.
- Sales success through others
- Ensuring that the team is empowered, motivated and able to achieve your sales strategy, securing new business and developing existing accounts in order to deliver the required market penetration
- Developing and coaching the sales team to create a high performance culture – leading the team of field sales staff and ensuring call plans are completed with clear objectives set for sales calls
- One to one meetings to discuss pipeline opportunities and ensuring to coach the sales team (where necessary) through the identification of an opportunity right through to closing
- Identifying development opportunities, analysing sales trends, implementing, managing and monitoring local sales campaigns
- Contributing to the sales budgets and targets
- Ensuring customer accounts are allocated in line with the role account profile, taking into account geographical boundaries
- Taking ownership of the recruitment, onboarding and training of your team
- You will also need to showcase a keen commercial awareness to market trends, analyse and monitor the branch performance, monitoring competitors.
In order to be successful in this role, you will need to have sales management experience, ideally gained within the industrial supplies sector. Having experience of Tools, PPE and Engineering products would also be highly advantageous.
You will also need the following skills and experience:
- Experience of people management and managing an external sales teams
- Aspects of planning and implementing sales strategies
- Strong IT skills, as you will be expected to create, utilise and monitor reports
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A valid driving license is essential for this role
About the organisation
Cromwell is a subsidiary of W.W. Grainger, a U.S. Fortune 500 industrial supplies business.
A leading industrial consumables distributor and supplier of products used to maintain, repair and operate facilities in Europe. We are very proud of our heritage and the development of the business since our first branch opened in 1970.
Cromwell has built an impressive reputation as a major provider of industrial consumables and equipment.
Our extensive industrial supplies product range includes hand tools, cutting tools, precision tools, power tools, abrasives, measuring equipment, PPE, stationery and office supplies. We pride ourselves on our understanding of the needs of industry and we are a supplies partner to a wide portfolio of markets and industry sectors, including engineering, transport, aerospace, pharmaceuticals, food production, fabrication, education, oil & gas and utilities.
If you are looking for an exciting opportunity to work within a fast growing global company, apply today.
Alert me to jobs like this.
Set up a job alert.