Founded in 1898, our family-owned firm supplies a wide range of machinery; from garden mowers and chainsaws to combine harvesters and construction excavators as well as selling a huge selection of clothing, footwear, garden sundries and DIY products across 18 country stores.
We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic Domestic Grass Machinery Showroom Salesperson to join the existing team here at our Dartford branch, based in Kent.
Reporting to the Parts and Showroom Manager, you will be responsible for the Grass Machinery showroom sales at the branch and your role will be to maximize sales opportunities for the department in a courteous and effective manner. You will also be required to assist in the showroom and parts department during the quieter periods. You will be working with brands such as Stihl, Honda, Bosch, Husqvarna and many more.
- An understanding of the mechanical workings of Horticultural machinery
- Ability to assemble and run new Horticultural machinery.
- Excellent people skills and enjoy working with the general public.
- Familiarity of working in a retail environment and showroom experience.
- Motivated by sales and targets.
- Ability to upsell.
- Enjoy working in a busy atmosphere and can cope under pressure during busy periods.
- Good communication skills: face to face, letter, email and fax
- General computer skills and familiarity with email and internet use
- Excellent numeracy and literacy skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy with numbers, handling of cash, cheque and card payments.
- A team player-capable of working alone or with other team staff.
- Able to use own initiative.
- Smart & presentable appearance
- Maintain a good general level of health and fitness.
Start Date: Immediate, but subject to successful candidates notice period.
Location: Dartford, Kent, DA4 9HQ
Hours: 42.5hrs per week – 8am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday (1hr unpaid lunch) Saturdays are required between 8am and 1pm (time off in lieu will be given in the week)
Additional hours as required as per business requirements.
Contract: Permanent, Full time, Salaried
Salary: £Competitive, depending on experience plus commission
Benefits: 24 Days Annual Leave (plus bank holiday), Company Sick Pay Scheme, Workplace pension, Staff Discount in Country Stores and Death in Service Cover (2 x salary)
Please submit your CV with a covering letter to Richard Link, Branch & Sales Manager.
For more details on this role, please contact the HR Department.
Alert me to jobs like this.
Set up a job alert.