We are currently assisting our client, arguably the most well know and well-respected manufacturer and installer in the mobility industry, with their search for a Sales Consultant to work with customers in the Local Authority around the South East and North East London. We are looking to introduce forward thinking and ambitious individuals with a back ground in target driven sales.
Our client has been manufacturing and installing home lift solutions to the UK and around the world since 1979 and uphold a reputation for being one of the industry leaders in the stairlift market. This is an opportunity for the right candidate to take the next step in their career with a successful and innovative company.
What You’ll Be Doing
As a Sales Consultant you will be based in the field working with local Councils in and around the South East Area and North East London. You will work from a home office environment and manage your own diary by arranging suitable appointments with customers within and on behalf of the Local Authority. You will be required to attend and actively contribute to sales meetings and training sessions and understand the sales and key account process required within the Local Authority, in order to develop the optimum sales skills needed.
You will develop the ability to assess the needs of the client through good questioning techniques and to use client, site and risk assessment to produce quotations for the local authority, that safely sell stairlifts suited to the end user’s needs and the local authority’s contractual requirement. You will do this by accurately surveying end users staircases and the surrounding environment without error, giving the best possible advice based on the Company’s Survey Manual.
Although a percentage of appointments and contacts will be based on existing contracts or frameworks, the Company expects that you will always look to enhance our business by building new relationships and prospecting for new opportunities in the Local Authority market.
What You’ll Need
You will need to have the following:
- Full Driving Licence
- Sales Experience with evidence of target achievement
- Good standards of written numeracy and literacy
- Ability to use IT hardware, systems and software relevant to the role i.e. Smart Phone, iPad, Lap Top
- Ability to carry out basic and accurate measuring and calculation functions together with the ability to produce a suitable site sketch
- Ability to plan, prioritise and organise workloads and own diary
- Basic experience in use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Adobe Acrobat (pdf)
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interact at all levels and with different departments inside and outside of the Company.
What will you get in return?
If successful in your application, you will receive certain benefits that include but are not limited to the following:
- Competitive salary
- Company Vehicle
- On the job training to hone the skills you already have and to get you up to speed on the client’s products, allowing you to work to the best of your ability.
- Proven opportunities to progress through a successful business
- Company Benefits Discount/ Rewards Scheme- including cinema discounts, annual free flu jab, discounted hotel and theme park stays and discounts off many high street shops.
- Quarterly Bonus (based on company profits)
- Subsidised Pension
- Health Cash Plan covering routine treatment and prescriptions
- Employee Assistance Programme (Occupational Health)
Alert me to jobs like this.
Set up a job alert.