Our client is a fast-moving online retailer of video games and accessories. They are seeking an experienced candidate to deliver growth to their e-commerce business.
Purpose of role
They are looking for a motivated and experienced person to help grow their e-commerce brands existing websites whilst nurturing new categories via the Amazon platform to deliver profitable growth for the business.
The Ideal Candidate will be a ‘hands-on’ person, comfortable with the ‘doing’ and happy to get stuck into a wide variety of tasks. This role offers a high degree of autonomy for the right person.
This is a new, senior role within the business, reporting directly to the Business Unit Manager.
The primary focus of the role is to increase revenue and profitability by selecting, buying and selling online quality products across arrange of categories.
- Overall responsibility for the inventory, revenue & profit delivery for all 3 e-commerce sites.
- Responsible for the day-to-day co-ordination and running of the websites and daily site checks to ensure the quality of the sites is maintained.
- Regularly review sales, margin and KPI’s to identify and understand the key drivers behind performance
- Set-up and deliver daily, weekly and monthly sales reporting, in addition to ad hoc reports as required.
- Develop, execute and maintain promotional calendars across different sites.
- Actively seek new business streams to expand the product portfolio to new categories
- Negotiate with suppliers to maximise range and profitability of existing and new categories.
- Ensure that the visibility of various brands on the Amazon site is maximised.
- Work closely with the Marketing team to drive customer demand through localised campaign work across all paid, owned and earned channels.
- To support the activity on all sites with a relevant social media and marketing strategy.
- Optimise site navigation, product placement & customer journey to grow conversion rate and online sales.
- Work closely with customer service to identify any opportunities or issues with the customer journey/proposition feeding back to the relevant department.
- Keep up to date on ecommerce innovation and trends, monitoring competitor sites.
- Sales vs. budget and forecast
- Margin and profitability vs budget and forecast
- Inventory management vs. agreed targets
- An E-Commerce and digital specialist with Amazon experience
- Strong business acumen with a good knowledge of Excel and Google Analytics
- Experienced across e-commerce including planning and execution of content across the websites, product & promotional merchandising, online marketing campaigns and web analytics.
- Ability to utilise data to drive decisions related to trading, user experience and content management
- A good understanding of supply chain and customer service management
- Integrity – deals with others in a straightforward and honest manner, is accountable for actions, maintains confidentiality and conveys both good news and bad.
Travel opportunities: Gaming events and trade shows
Please send your cv via the apply buttonAlert me to jobs like this.
Set up a job alert.