Electrical Sales Specialist – Oil & Gas Markets
Home Based, visting clients around Aberdeen
Annual bonus up to 25%
Private healthcare, car allowance, matched pension contribution up to 10%
Our client is a leading technology and electrical equipment provider for industrial clients who specialise in automation, control and protections systems. They are looking for an individual with a successful Technical Sales track record and fantastic network of Oil & Gas contacts in the Aberdeen area (Operators, Technical Authorities, etc.) to take charge of the account management and new business development of a key area of the business.
Responsible for Electrical Service Sales of the Full Portfolio of Electrical Services to the Oil and Gas Industries, including: Opportunity Identification, Technical Audits, Power System Studies, Lifecycle & Obsolescence extension/Upgrades, Advanced Services and Condition Based Maintenance, etc.
To deliver the business targets for Advanced Electrical Services to the Oil, Gas and Chemicals Industries
- To support the growth of Electrical Services throughout the total ABB portfolio of electrical products and advanced services
- To target growth from ABB and 3rd Party Installed Base of Electrical Systems and Products: Generators, HV/LV Switchgear, Transformers, Machines, Drives, Control and Protection Systems and conditioning monitoring
- To engage the entire UKCS (predominantly Aberdeen) O & G client base, specifically Technical Authorities (TA), Responsible Electrical persons (REP) Procurement & Supply Chain (PSCM) and electrical engineers across all UKCS customer accounts.
- To acquire new contracts (product, studies, solutions and healthcare) and ensuring contract renewal at the appropriate margin 3 months in advance of renewal date
- To support the development of the Electrical Service Strategy and create a framework that supports the delivery of the whole Electrical Service portfolio.
- To understand the industry challenges to effectively position new advanced solutions articulating the real operational and economic benefits (minimal downtime, maximum availability and reliability)
- To present technical solutions demonstrating the ROI ( quantifying payback) as part of our Advanced Services Solutions
- To target the installed base (using ServIS) with the right solutions identifying the equipment lifecycle status on a regular basis with all customers installed base equipment
- Identify key accounts on installed base and propensity to spend, and manage key customers on a regular basis to meet their perception/expectation of the Service value
- Champion the introduction of new services around predictive and prescriptive maintenance.
- Track and upload all opportunities and site visit reports within SalesForce on a weekly basis, Minimum number of client meetings expected to be 10 per week.
- Customer representatives at all business levels, influencers and decision makers (Oil Producers and EPC’s)
- Technical and Certifying Authorities
- Achieving the desired growth from the Electrical Portfolio in the Oil, Gas Industry against defined budget and KPI’s
- Manage cooperation across and within the BU’s to deliver the whole Electrical Portfolio to the Oil and Gas Industry
- Effectively working with sales teams in other BU’s to align our sales activities around target accounts
- To become the change agent/Customer trusted advisor, to support the cultural change in electrical maintenance that supports the transition shift to reliability centred approach
- The introduction and presentation of new service products that differentiate ABB from its competitors
- Ensuring value is added at the point of sales avoiding under-pricing services
- Developing a counter strategy to the existing Aberdeen base electrical competitors
HNC in Electrical Engineering (minimum requirement) ideally degree qualified/chartered status
Skills and Experience
- In depth knowledge of the existing UKCS electrical installed base
- Existing business relationships with key electrical responsible customers
- Working knowledge of FPAL
- Proven track record selling in a similar environment
- Full clean driving licence
At First Recruitment we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That’s why our consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates.
This is a superb opportunity for a seasonsed O&G Technical Sales Manager who is a serial networker and money motivated to work for an industry leader and be involved in sales with a value of up to around £1m.
Alert me to jobs like this.
Set up a job alert.