YH Training Services Ltd is an owner managed company that has been in business for over 32 years although its roots go back to a group training association that started in 1972. We have a reputation for providing high quality training and learning to all our customers, and are therefore making a real difference to people and businesses across the region. We are positively responding to all Government training and employment initiatives particularly the growth of apprenticeship and the introduction of the levy. We also have our own contract for EFA delivery and also AEB together with a substantial ESF contract based around apprenticeship growth.
About the role:
We are now seeking to appoint an experienced Employer Engagement Advisor, to work in West Yorkshire based at our Leeds Learning Centre.
Duties to be undertaken
The main aim of the role will be to engage with employers and identify how they can increase their business profitability through the development of their staff, utilising our contracts for Traineeship, Apprenticeship and Adult Education Budget (AEB) including for example, improving the basic skills of their staff, developing a work based academy to aid their staff recruitment process.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Make sufficient calls, emails, visits and presentations to employers to generate a minimum of (for £24k salary) 240 starts, majority of which should be Apprenticeships. Of the 240, 72 (30%) must be 16-18 Apprenticeships. The remaining 168 will mainly be Apprenticeships 19+, but a small number could be Traineeship opportunities (for learners 16-24) and/or opportunities through a sector based academy or basics skills/functional skills for business employees.
- Agreed employer contribution must be obtained (subject to Centre Managers discretion).
- The above will be achieved by the following:
- Contacting current businesses using YH’s services for additional business
- Contacting previous businesses who have in the past used YH to determine the possibility of new business
- Contacting other businesses (who YH have never used) utilising YH’s CRM System and other databases together with any other relevant information sources eg local business directories, local newspapers and TV to identify new/expanding businesses
- Generally prospecting town centres, retail and business parks to identify opportunities with businesses
- Working closely with the Manager and Trainers to ensure their Apprenticeship learner requirements are met
- Liaise with the Engagement Advisor to ensure that all vacancies are fully and correctly advertised on the AV system and that you are aware of the potential leads for the employer vacancy you have secured
- Accurately record and log all required information onto YH’s CRM system
- Any other duties relevant to the role
- Secure required employer contributions in line with YHs publicised price list and local manager’s discretion.
- 5 x GCSE Grades A-C (inc Maths/English)
- Relevant sales qualification
- Full clean driving licence + access to own vehicle
- Relevant experience in a sales environment (lead generation and cold calling) together with proven achievement.
- Able to demonstrate achievement of targets and working to deadlines
- Training provider experience with knowledge or work based learning desirable
- Ability to deliver presentations to employers either as an individual or as part of a group within the required standards
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships with a broad range of people
- Ability to work systematically and prioritise workload
- Able to respond quickly to change
- Outgoing, friendly and confident character, with good perception and motivation
- Able to respond flexibly to the demands of the role
- Be open to personal development and willing to undertake further training
- Fully committed to the development of individuals/businesses
- Fully committed to financial probity, including the full and correct use of Government funds
There are excellent future prospects for the successful candidate.
Monday – Friday 8.30am to 5pmAlert me to jobs like this.
Set up a job alert.