EMAP is a fast-growing content, subscription and events business. We exist to provide customers with world class content and connections, empowering their businesses to be the best informed, best connected, and most productive. Our products enable focus, growth and value through our industry-leading portfolio of brands including Drapers, The Architects’ Journal, Nursing Times, and Construction News.
As an Events Sales Consultant, you will be responsible for managing both existing customer accounts and developing new business relationships across the awards entries and table sales campaign for CONE & HLG. This will include managing retention accounts to ensure deepening customer engagement and re-engaging lapsed clients. You will also be required to secure a high volume of new business accounts to ensure sustainable growth of the event.
You will need to be tenacious, resilient, and driven, with a true desire to succeed in a sales environment. Your key goal will be to grow our business sales through world class, award winning events. You will also be expected to exemplify team standards and behaviours.
- To maintain regular telephone contact with your accounts and build excellent working relationships in order to drive YOY growth
- To lead trading updates with your line manager and key stakeholders weekly and always have 100% accuracy of event numbers and pipelines
- To maintain a robust and ambitious sales plan and ensure maximum delivery against sales targets for entire portfolio
- To ensure YOY growth of portfolio through the acquisition of new business, including sourcing your own new business leads
- To raise and maintain brand profile and become the recognised face of your portfolio, internally and externally
- To closely monitor competitor activity and understand the market forces influencing your sector
- To be an example to the team and set the standard with regards to KPI’s, target performance and behaviors
- Proven and successful track record of a consultative new business approach
- Minimum one year’s sales experience
- Events sales experience preferred, but not essential
- Preferably degree educated
- You will be professional, entrepreneurial, organised and will have strong commercial awareness
- As the face of your brand, you must be punctual and well presented
- Must have excellent communication skills and world class time management
- Must have a high level of emotional intelligence with a commitment to development and success
- Must be proficient with general computer use including Microsoft Office tools
- Preferably an experienced CRM user
- Previous experience with a structured sales training method, such as DIPIDA, is preferred
Please email your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and Saheed.Ladapo@emap.com to apply for this job.
EMAP is a member of the Metropolis Group.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status.
Set up a job alert.