Hours: Full Time – 36.5 Hours per week
Manchester based importer and distributor of infant/nursery products seeks an experienced External Sales Representative to join its Sales Department. This is your chance to join a highly successful organisation that is in a period of growth, in what will be an interesting and varied role.
Your responsibility will be to co-ordinate the sales function for the independent retail sector based in the North of England, there will be the requirement to assist with UK wide sales at times. You will do this successfully by building strong business relationships with the retailers and their teams of sales people as well as internal business partners in marketing and sales.
Previous experience in nursery sector would be desirable, but not essential. You are enthusiastic about nursery products but in particular you have a desire to help retailers to understand our products and empower them to give the best and most up to date information to consumers to allow them to make an informed choice when buying our products.
This is a field based role which will require a flexible working attitude.
The main responsibilities of the External Sales Representative are:
- Client Management and development, delivering exceptional customer service to clients
- Liaising with customers to arrange regular appointments
- Credibility to effectively sell to the UK independent retailers within agreed territories
- Identifying, establishing and creating opportunities for product placement within your retail segment
- Provide a cohesive training plan to deliver engaging and comprehensive product training to retailers
- Attendance of all UK consumer shows within your territory. There is an expectation to attend European trade shows when required
- To plan and organise cost effective journey plans, including all accommodation required
- To respond to all queries from your customers both over the phone or via email
- To manage the requirement of samples and point of sale materials for customer meetings/events
- Provide all report requests to the Sales Manager on a weekly basis, for example journey plans and market feedback
- Previous experience (1-3 years) in a customer facing role such as direct sales/customer service
- New business development and key account management skills
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to strategically develop key accounts
- Positive attitude and a strong work ethic
- A full driving license
Please forward CVs to email@example.com by e-mail only.Alert me to jobs like this.
Set up a job alert.