Our client are a large engineering firm who are looking to recruit a field based sales engineer to join the team who will be tasked with covering the North of England and Scotland.
We are looking for candidates who experience of selling plastic and associate materials to a variety of industries including the aerospace industry.
Purpose of the role:
To increase sales and profits to grow the business in line with strategic objectives and agreed targets. The Sales Engineer will contribute to improving the company’s market position and achieving financial growth through identifying objectives, strategies and action plans to improve short and long term sales earnings.
Scope & Relationships:
The Sales Engineer will report directly to the Head of Sales and will be responsible for managing existing key accounts and winning new business.
The role will involve liaising with other managers and departments within the business and across the group to assist in developing existing and prospective accounts by building key customer relationships through ensuring a high level of service and through promotion of the company’s services and capabilities.
Main Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- To increase sales and profits by winning new business, revisiting dormant accounts, developing establish accounts and ensuring all key accounts are properly managed.
- Maintain an extensive knowledge of market conditions and a good understanding of the products and services that the company offers.
- To look at and implement opportunities for added value services such as sub assembly, cleaning and kitting.
- To meet prescribed sales targets and objectives.
- Management of work flow.
- Involved in sales strategy and delivering growth in line with strategic objectives.
- Be involved in and help create a supportive and empowering culture so that all staff are able to make responsible decisions which ensure a high level of customer service.
- Previous experience, ideally in a similar role.
- Proven success and experience of proactive selling.
- Proven ability to build, develop and maintain relationships with key customers.
- Exposure to Health & Safety and Quality practices and the importance of their correct implementation.
- Experience in selling Business to Business and face to face Sales.
- A “can-do” attitude to ensure delivery of the highest service to all customers.
- A team player with the ability to actively participate within the team and lead by example, acting in a professional manner at all times to encourage respect from colleagues.
- A strong communicator and a good listener who will encourage improvement ideas at all levels of the team.
- Proven ability to perform under pressure.
- Willingness to make decisions as and when needed, particularly in times of pressure.
- Self motivated and energised.
- A flexible approach and willingness to work additional hours in order to meet the needs of the business
Candidates will be expected to make visits to one of the firms offices in the Greater Manchester.
To apply please forward your cv in word format.
Alert me to jobs like this.
Set up a job alert.