- Are you ready to upgrade and increase the profitability of our business?
- Do you have a passion and understanding for global logistics?
- Hungry for knowledge and constantly focussed on learning new things?
If you answered ‘yes’, you might be our new Outside Sales Executive!
You will go to great lengths to promote the services of Samskip Multimodal to existing and potential customers in the UK. In order to meet our sales, revenue and profitability targets, you will manage and respond to customer enquiries and seek and secure new business in line with our company goals. You will be visiting clients, but you will also grow customer activity via phone and email.
What your job entails:
- Travelling throughout the UK, including the North West, West Midlands, South and South West, visiting customers (2-3 days per week, including some nights away).
- Processing administration on a daily basis, including creating customer-specific SOPs, timely updates of CRM and creating quotes.
- Maximising the impact of your role by networking within the Samskip organisation, building business knowledge and working with other departments.
- Actively ensuring timely payment of outstanding invoices.
- Representing Samskip at industry and customer events and exhibitions.
Does this sound like your cup of tea?
While your targets may be ambitious and customers may be demanding, no two days will ever be the same. We offer you a challenging role in the field, in which you can leave your mark and contribute to our business. As part of a vibrant team, you can make your own decisions while being backed by the wider team.
Our ideal Field Sales Executive? Someone who goes beyond the obvious.
We want you to thrive on variety; you know where and how to make a difference and can easily adapt to unexpected events that may consume your day. When everything is set up and ready to go, you are ready to hit the ground running. You have the burning desire to make your own successes and wins. You take initiative, are extremely ambitious and can easily work within a defined structure.
Our ideal sales expert has a degree in business or sales, for example: business or commercial economics. You have a minimum of 5 years of sales experience in the freight forwarding industry or selling transportation solutions to Blue Chip customers. Besides practical field experience, you are an excellent communicator and have strong negotiation skills. You are fluent in oral and written English, being proficient in any other language(s) is a plus.
Working at Samskip means investing in your career
We do not just provide you with a job: we offer you a career with plenty of freedom to shape your own role and implement your own ideas. While travelling across the UK, you will develop your own portfolio and improve your negotiation and communication skills on a daily basis. We offer you many opportunities to develop yourself personally and professionally via our online Academy and onboarding programme.
Monetary rewards and company benefits
- A competitive salary and a company car.
- 23 days paid annual leave, a pension scheme and medical insurance.
- A workplace of outstanding natural beauty in Wherstead Park, Suffolk.
- An international working environment in which people are more than just colleagues.
Enter the world of transportation now.
Are you ready to optimise the value of existing customers and add new ones to your portfolio by making visits and travelling throughout the UK? Put your name on this job: apply directly and share your resume and ideas with us. Click on the ‘Apply’ button and become part of our team.
Samskip is a global logistics company, offering transport and related services by land, sea, rail and air. We focus in particular on cost-efficient, sustainable and environmentally friendly transport. With an annual turnover of more than 633 million euros, we are one of the largest transport companies in Europe. We have offices in 24 countries in Europe, North America, Asia and Australia, with around 1500 employees in total.Alert me to jobs like this.
Set up a job alert.