An exciting opportunity has arisen to work with a rapidly growing team at a fine wine merchants based in London. The successful candidate will be working as part of the sales team, with a primary focus on trade, especially in Asia. With the UK now being such an attractive market to foreign buyers, this represents a huge opportunity to build and manage your own portfolio of clients within one of the most dynamic wine companies in the world!
You will be expected to:
- Managing new trade enquiries to convert leads into sales and develop an understanding of their requirements
- Creating, building and maintaining relationships with current and new trade clients to facilitate sales
- Prospecting for new trade clients all around the world with a focus on Asia, including Hong Kong, Singapore and China
- Sourcing, checking and composing bespoke offers using wine from the company’s stock, merchant lists and other brokers
- Managing client purchases and expectations to ensure rapid payment and delivery
- Maintaining relationships with global suppliers via phone, email and in person to gain allocations and preferable pricing
- Meet sales targets set by the head of department to earn an uncapped commission
- Promote the company’s outstanding exclusive agency wines
- Develop interests within UK merchants for the company’s UK exclusive agencies
The ideal candidate should have:
- 3 years’ experience dealing with fine wine trade sales
- Connections or contacts within the Asian wine trade are desirable
- A pro-active attitude toward sales and a desire to succeed
- A good understanding of the wine industry in general and Asian markets with a focus on commodity grade wine
- Previous experience in a very target driven environment adhering to various KPIs
- Excellent self-motivation, a conscientious working attitude but also the ability to perform under pressure
- Good written and verbal communication skills with the ability to guide one’s own day, but also take instruction when needed
For more information please contact Gina on 0161 641 1319 or email GinaG@d-4digital.comAlert me to jobs like this.
Set up a job alert.