Mapmechanics is a leading supplier of digital data and map-based solutions (GIS) for customers across the globe. The world is ever changing with new technologies emerging much of which can and does consume geospatial data, whether in the areas of Smart Cities, IoT, Insurance telematics, smartphone Apps and Web APIs. Mapmechanics are at the forefront of this, talking the challenges of urban logistics caused by the rapid rise of ecommerce, enabling more geographic data to be used in Business Intelligence systems, helping the biggest retailers on the planet, right down to you as a consumer, using App on your phone ordering a takeaway from JustEat.
Our extensive product range is available at www.allmapdata.com. We process and sell world-wide data to create innovative products that are easy for our customers to use, ensuring they get a great return on investment.
Our research and analytics on public interest matters has been featured in the National Press and television documentaries. (see: https://www.allmapdata.com/category/news/)
In addition to our digital mapping and geospatial data division, we own the leading map-based optimisation brands Truckstops, the vehicle routing optimisation system and Optisite for supply chain network distribution planning, modelling & analysis. We have a full in-house development team together with trainers, consultants and sales specialists to help our customers make the most of the products.
Working in a small, agile team of specialist focus on geospatial sales across the world to:
- Day to Day Account Management duties for assigned accounts (telephone, face to face meetings, email engagement)
- Excellent communicator, verbally and written
- Upsell of products and services to existing accounts (telephone, face to face meetings, email engagement)
- Target new customers to promote products and services to via social media (LinkedIn, Twitter)
- Learn a wide range of geospatial datasets and articulate their relevance in a commercial setting
- Undertake sales calling campaigns
- Sales Presentations online and face to face
- Technically competent in use of GIS, showcasing benefits of Geospatial software to business’s Keen to work towards and exceed targets
- Keen to work in the commercial world and apply geospatial solutions to business needs
- Excellent communication skills. Being able to communicate technical concepts to non-technical people Experience with GIS products (Geoconcept, ESRI, MapInfo, QGIS, FME, etc)
- Experience with databases (SQL server, PostGIS/Postgres, Oracle)
- GIS, geography, maths or computing graduate
- Fast learner – able to pick up new technologies and products and adapt to changing business requirements
- Agile, organised approach. Able to manage project work and respond to internal and external requests in a calm, professional manner.
- Good attention to detail and numeracy
- Excited about emergent technology. Reads Wired.co.uk etc. and listens to TED Talks etc.
- We love new ideas and creativity within the context of what we do
- We adore innovation
- We play table tennis
- We serve Friday afternoon tea, hosted by differing business units
- Regular team & business unit Curry Nights
- We are a fun, yet professional place to work
How to apply (NO AGENCIES PLEASE)
Join our team and look forward to opportunities to learn and develop your skills while making a positive difference to the company. Send your C.V. and covering letter telling us why you’re suited to the role to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ALL APPLICANTS MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE UK. NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Alert me to jobs like this.
Set up a job alert.