We’re a retail technology company getting people back into high street shops. Our platform drives in-store footfall by connecting the products currently hidden on shop shelves to the millions of local shoppers searching for them nearby. Companies like Google and Facebook use our technology to show live in-store inventory on their platforms to millions of shoppers searching nearby.
We believe the future of the high street is one where every product in every shop is connected directly to the web, making it genuinely faster and easier to get something from a real shop nearby than ordering it for delivery online. The high street has incredible value that’s currently hidden from the internet on the shelves of local shops, and we see it as our job to unlock it.
You can hear our co-founder talk about why we’re so excited about the future of the high street, and our plans for making NearSt a central part of it, in our Next Web Keynote.
We’re looking for an entrepreneurial growth marketer to play an integral role in driving shop acquisition at NearSt. You’ll be our first marketing hire, establishing a highly data-driven marketing practice and reporting directly to the founders. We’re 20 people and growing quickly but still very much a startup in how we work, which means you’ll own both strategy and execution, rolling up your sleeves to make things happen.
You’ll be working closely with our sales team to work out where to best drive leads from, then developing content and campaigns to help capture the attention of these audiences. Whether that’s writing blogs and driving traffic to them via PPC campaigns through Facebook, drafting editorials for industry publications, or working with our PR agency to get us into press. Blending creativity with a highly data-driven and analytical approach means you’ll deeply understand what’s working and what’s not as part of a rapid, iterative approach.
Most of all you’re seeking purpose in what you do, and are seeking to make a real positive impact on the world through your work.
To apply please submit your CV and a covering letter on careers.near.st, linking to examples of your work that you think are relevant to the role.
- Building out our marketing strategy in close collaboration with the founders
- Managing NearSt’s social media channels
- Create regular launch campaigns with new NearSt partners
- Creating content for our blog, and encouraging contributions from the rest of the team
- Briefing our designer on visual assets for organic and paid content
- Creating, managing and optimising PPC campaigns across Google and Facebook
- Ensuring solid analytics foundations are in place to measure efficacy and enable retargeting
- Reporting on metrics and campaign performance
- Working closely with sales and customer success to deeply understand our customers
- Managing the work of our PR agency to keep NearSt regularly in the news
- SEO and SEM optimisation
- 5+ years of experience in growth marketing or a similar data-driven marketing role where you were actively leading on seizing opportunities
- Entrepreneurial mindset – You are great at uncovering opportunities that others miss
- Extensive PPC experience – You know Facebook and Google’s PPC offerings inside out and can create, optimise and measure campaigns in your sleep
- Data-driven – You use clear conversion metrics to drive your decision-making and know to get the major tracking tools talking to each other nicely. Experience using HubSpot Marketing is a big plus
- Creative writer – You’ll be creating your own content, and have a flair for writing engaging copy
- Tech savvy – You’re not a programmer, but pick up new tools and tech easily – you love trying out new apps and services
- Hustle mentality – You’re eager to put yourself out there and are not afraid to make mistakes. You get things turned around quickly so you can learn, iterate, and go again. You thrive on the intense energy of a startup
- Impact driven – You’re motivated to make a genuine positive difference in the world
We’re a fast-growing tight-knit team of almost 20 people who all share a common vision that what we’re building will define the future of how everyone shops. Startup life is always a lot of work and a ton of fun, so we’ve focussed hard on putting a great framework in place that lets people do their best work.
10 reasons we think you’ll love it here:
- A high growth business starts with solid team health and culture at its foundation, and we care passionately about fostering this at NearSt
- We operate as a semi-remote team, with our Hoxton Square office as our hub for collaboration, individual team members are given the freedom to work wherever they do their best work
- Work on the latest Macbooks and tech, so you can focus on doing great work rather than waiting for things to load
- Work in a truly agile and collaborative environment, where communications are open and teams from engineering and partnerships are constantly working together to improve what we do
- Share an entrepreneurial can-do mindset, where brilliant ideas come from everywhere in the business and get delivered quickly
- Receive stock options in the business, so you own a stake in your own success
- Stay healthy with a flexible monthly wellness budget to spend as you please on things to keep you happy, healthy and well
- Keep your mental health just as well as your physical health, with professional and confidential support from Spill at hand whenever you may need it
- Develop personally and professionally with an annual budget for you to upskill in ways that suit your own learning style
- Make a massive positive difference in the world, work among a team who genuinely care about the work they do
We think a great workplace is filled with all the diversity the world has to offer. This means we make no judgment about the things that make you, you – whether that be gender, religion, sexuality, race, or a secret love for 80s action films. If you’re excited by our mission, we’re excited to meet you!
Alert me to jobs like this.
Set up a job alert.