We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced sales engineer to join our well established sales department.
To ensure spares sales order processing systems & procedures are utilised to support the business to achieve budgeted business objectives, with regard to: Request For Quotations (RFQâ€™s), Quotations, Orders, Sales, Gross Margin, OTIF and Warranty. Ensuring at all times that a high level of customer service is provided and customer satisfaction is maintained.
Key Accountabilities and Attributes:
- To provide high levels of customer service in line with customer requirements.
- When required support the Area Sales Managers by visiting customer sites to discuss and understand technical & application engineering issues and develop customer relationships.
- Assist other team members in following up of enquiries and quotations.
- Ensure all telephone enquiries from customers and internal departments are dealt with effectively and efficiently
- Ensure the RFQ, quotation & order processes are utilised consistently across the team to achieve business objectives.
- Work with Sales & Marketing Manager, Internal Sales Manager and Area Sales Managers to make & maintain contact with key existing customers to encourage further sales.
- Contribute to LEAN activities; including 5S in sales office
- Co-operate with other departments by maintaining good lines of communication and recognition of over-lapping problems
- Effective and efficient utilisation of individual time.
- Ensure company records maintained in a safe and redeemable fashion to prevent loss or deterioration.
- Assist in the identification of team & own individual future training needs
Qualifications & Experience
- Evidence of sales or account management experience.
- Experience of delivering profitable sales growth.
- Track record of account relationship management.
- History and track record of achievement of profitable revenue objectives.
Core Competencies & Skills
- Ability to build strong Customer relationships.
- Mechanical Engineering knowledge.
- Financial and commercial acumen.
- Sales planning.
- Negotiation and closing skills.
- Professional communication and presentation skills.
- Implementation, monitoring and control of sales systems.
- Knowledge / awareness of quality systems, processes and improvement activities.
- Time management.
- High level of integrity and trust with customers & colleagues.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure.
- Committed and target / action focused.
- Takes ownership and responsibility for Customer accounts.
The ideal candidate should be reliable, time keeping is essential, with good levels of housekeeping, be able to communicate at all levels and have the ability to work as part of a team as well as use their own initiative.
- Ability to work closely with users and provide a high quality of service in a professional manner
- Able to work with colleagues at all levels of the business as projects demand (from office staff to the company Chairman)
- Organisational skills and a systematic approach to work with care taken over detail
- Management of multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
- Excellent administration and organisational skills
- Strong analytical capabilities
- Strong interpersonal skills, independent problem resolution
- Ability to research and work independently in a dynamic support environment
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines to ensure delivery of key projects and tasks
Vision For Learning & Development
At Guttridge, we have a clear vision and that is to provide high quality bulk solids handling solutions for customers around the world. We are specialists. Many of our employees have worked in the bulk materials handling industry for the majority of their working lives. They are well-renowned, highly respected experts at what they do. Our culture is based upon this foundation. New employees have the opportunity of working alongside these industry specialists and can take pride in the fact that they will be members of a highly regarded team of engineers. Working in small teams in all areas of the business, including finance, design, sales and purchasing as well as production roles, our staff quickly learn and become proficient in their discipline and reflect what it means to be a â€œGuttridge personâ€.
We also believe that in order to grow our business, we should grow our people. To do this, we maintain a commitment to train and develop our employees to be the very best that they can be and fully meet their potential.
Our Core Values: Focus â€“ Integrity â€“ Respectful â€“ Excellence â€“ Passion – Trust
Guttridge Limited is a growing, local company. This is a genuine opportunity for the right candidate to have and develop a successful career.
Please apply by sending your CV with a short covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to HR Department, Guttridge Ltd., Wardentree Park, Pinchbeck, Spalding, Lincolnshire, PE11 3UU. Alternatively please use the online application form.