We are looking for an Internal Sales Administrator to join our fast growing UK Aftermarket Sales Team. The ideal person will have proven track record in customer service, and be able to provide fast and efficient support to the other team members. This role is pivotal to the smooth running of the UK Aftermarket Sales Team and will influence the activity levels that can be maintained by the sales people within the team. We are looking for a hardworking, ambitious and proactive individual, capable of organisation and managing the administration side of the UK Aftermarket sales activities.
Daily & Monthly Responsibilities:
- Dealing with the daily phone, fax, email & web enquiries and orders submitted by our customers.
- Ensure all deliveries are despatched and processed, in the most prompt and efficient manner. Liaise with the Warehouse Manager, to ensure all resources are utilised to their maximum potential.
- Attend to the end of day procedure (checking of picking lists, carriage surcharge and invoicing of the despatched orders).
- Daily invoicing of all orders despatched the previous working day.
- Checking our carrier dashboards to ensure that all parcels are out for delivery, if there is a problem with a delivery this will need to be investigated and the customer duly notified and updated where possible.
- Attend to customer backorders, ensuring that orders are despatched to the warehouse for picking, once our purchasing department have advised that a container or delivery has been received.
- Deal with all other queries or requests raised by the customer, liaising with other departments where necessary to provide the customer with a satisfactory and timely response.
- Deal with customer returns and follow the correct procedures to ensure that we arrange collection of goods where applicable, and that credits to the customer are processed where necessary.
- Manage scheduled order requirements, and consignment stocks. Liaise with the purchasing department to ensure adequate supplies are ordered to suit lead times.
- Assist Sales Executives and Business Development Managers where applicable in sending literature and arranging appointments for a visit to a new potential customer.
- Provide office-based support for the Business Development Managers. Submit quotations and proposals on their behalf and formulate actions plans to progress leads and opportunities to successful completion.
- Assisting the Directors, or other members of the management team, with any other tasks that may arise, from time to time.
Skills & Experience
- Strong organisational skills
- Exceptional attention to detail & accuracy required
- Effective multi-tasker, able to prioritise conflicting responsibilities when required
- Team player – friendly and sociable, ability to work well with others
- Ability to stay calm and work effectively under pressure, with a can-do attitude
- Good telephone manner & excellent written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
Hours of Work:
8:30am – 5:30pm, Monday to Friday, with a one hour lunch break.
The sales office is open on Saturday mornings, 9:00am – 1:00pm, the Internal Sales Team cover this shift on a rotation, so you would have to work one Saturday morning every four weeks, overtime is paid.
- Salary is competitive and will match the successful candidate’s skills and experience, and reflect the importance we place on this new role
- Contributory pension scheme
- Corporate gym & health club membership rate available for Riverhills (Ipswich)
- Free on-site parking
Alert me to jobs like this.
Set up a job alert.