An experienced Internal Trade Sales Executive is sought by leading Builders Merchant to join their team based at their Finchley depot.
A forward-thinking Builders Merchant established for over 30 years and with two successful branches around London, this organisation is looking for an accomplished salesperson to serve customers and play a vital role in ensuring the achievement of sales targets.
As a Trade Sales Executive, you will be responsible for:
- Making and receiving calls to customers taking orders and dealing with enquiries
- Actively dealing with all sales enquiries, converting sales and offering appropriate upsells
- Maintaining and developing relationships with customers via telephone calls, emails and face to face
- Challenging any objections with a view of getting customers to buy
- Produce purchase orders for the shop products and place with recommended suppliers
- Chase all purchase orders as required
- Keep the notice board up to date regarding incoming purchase order deliveries and out of stock products
- Stock receipt all purchase orders and deal with queries relating to the purchase of stock
- Liaise with yard persons to obtain purchase orders for yard stock and process those orders through to stock receipting
- Pick up excess phone calls that the sales team miss and take messages
- Pick shop products with the assistance of the yard persons for all outgoing deliveries.
- Meeting targets and deadlines
- Unpack, check and place on shelves
- Supporting other departments as and when required
The successful Trade Sales Executive will demonstrate:
- Strong sales experience in the construction industry, preferably the Builders Merchant arena
- Proven track record of strong sales performance
- Excellent commercial awareness of the construction industry with strong, rounded product knowledge especially within a builder’s merchant setting
- Enthusiastic in nature with impeccable telephone manner and have the ability to build strong customer relations
- Competitive salary (dependent on experience)
- Hours of work: Monday to Friday 08.30am-5.30pm and alternative Saturdays 8.00am -1.00pm
- 23 days holidays plus bank holiday
- Pension contribution by employer
Set up a job alert.