An experienced Internal Sales Executive is sought by a leading Builders Merchant to join their team based at their Welham Green depot near Hatfield.
A forward-thinking Builders Merchant established for over 30 years and with two successful branches around London, this organisation is looking for an accomplished salesperson to serve customers and play a vital role in ensuring the achievement of sales targets.
Reporting to the Sales Manager, as an Internal Sales Executive you will be responsible for serving customers and building strong relationships to generate sales. Whatever customers need, whenever they need it, you will ensure they can get it straight from the Depot.
You will deal extensively with customers to identify their needs by providing product advice to customers, dealing with quotes and queries, liaising with drivers regarding deliveries and actively seeking sales through customer contacts in order to maximise sales opportunities. Your day to day duties will include:
- Taking and making calls from businesses throughout the UK and closing leads that have been generated
- Actively dealing with all sales enquiries, converting sales and offering appropriate upsells
- Researching new business opportunities
- Listening to customer requirements to successfully make a sale
- Maintaining and developing relationships with customers via telephone calls and emails
- Addressing any objections with a view of getting customers to buy
- Communicating with and adapting to a variety of customers from diverse backgrounds
- Attending weekly sales meetings to inform the team of any progress
- Meetings KPIs, targets and deadlines
- Any other duties as may be required by management
The successful Internal Sales Executive will demonstrate:
- Minimum 5 years’ sales experience in construction industry, preferably the Builders Merchant setting
- Proven track record of strong sales performance
- Excellent commercial awareness of the construction industry with strong, rounded product knowledge especially within a builder’s merchant setting
- Enthusiastic in nature with impeccable telephone manner and have the ability to build strong customer relations
- £25,000 – £30,000 salary depending on experience
- 23 days holiday plus bank holidays, rising after 5 years of service
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to full training & development programs
Set up a job alert.