An experienced Internal Trade Sales Executive is sought by leading Builders Merchant to join their team based at their Finchley depot.
A forward-thinking Builders Merchant established for over 30 years and with two successful branches around London, they are focused on helping customers grow their business with the best product range. A growing company within their sector, they are always looking for the next opportunity to take the business to the next level.
They’re looking for an accomplished salesperson with excellent construction industry knowledge to play a vital role in the achievement of day-to-day targets.
You will be responsible for serving customers and building strong relationships to generate sales. You should have good rounded knowledge of the type of products sold within the construction industry especially within a builder’s merchant setting.
The successful candidate will be required to deal extensively with customers to identify their needs by providing product advice to customers, dealing with quotes and queries, liaising with drivers regarding deliveries and actively seeking sales through customer contacts in order to maximise sales opportunities.
Reporting to the Branch Manager, your responsibilities will include:
- Generating new business opportunities
- Taking orders and dealing with enquiries
- Maintaining and developing relationships with customers via telephone calls, emails and face to face
- Actively dealing with all sales enquiries, converting sales and offering appropriate upsells
- Challenging any objections with a view of getting customers to buy
- Supporting other departments as and when required
- Responsible for maintaining a customer ledger
- Stock replenishment in the shop as and when required
- Meeting targets and deadlines
- At least 2 years’ experience within a similar sales role within the construction industry, preferably Builders Merchants
- Excellent construction product knowledge and commercial awareness within the industry
- Proven sales and a track record of performance, as well as experience working in a professional team environment
- You must have the ability to remain professional at all times and be good at multitasking
- £24,000 salary
- 31 days holidays inclusive of bank holidays
- Pension contribution
- Monday to Friday 07.30am-5.30pm and alternative Saturdays 7.00am -2.00pm
Set up a job alert.