Our client is currently recruiting for a Key Account Manager that will be responsible for managing and growing the accounts of existing clients whilst vetting new enquires where possible. Where time permits the ideal candidate will also be expected to do some Business Development.
This role is field based, but the candidate, must live within 1hr – 1hr 30min commute from the site in Peterborough as they will have to attend the office when needed.
Develop account strategies
Identify account needs and key buying factors beyond purchasing
- Assess account opportunities, account trends and define aspirations
- Identify key decision makers and influencers beyond purchasing and craft relationship plan
- Develop and maintain action plan for how accounts will achieve targets, identify specific actions to improve earnings
Establish/maintain strong relationships and face-to-face communication with new and existing accounts
- Act as the direct, primary face-to-face contact while managing relationships around the UK
- Establish strong, multi-level, win/win relationships. Focus will include, and not be limited to the following:
1) Proactively identifying leads and obtaining new business.
2) Maintaining strong win/win relationships with existing customers.
3) Understanding customer requirements.
4) Addressing/resolving issues with current customers (quality, commercial, etc.)
5) Participating in partnership and problem solving sessions, as well as product line trials with existing/new customers
6) Managing relationships and developing a plan for our customers.
- Develop and maintain action plans for how accounts will achieve and succeed targets.
- Identify and align resources, action plans and communications required to execute account plans and resolve issues.
- Provide strong service support and coordination for customers.
Develop and execute negotiations and contracts
- Develop, manage and execute contract negotiations
- Manage negotiations/resolution of product, quality, and service issues
Formal Qualifications And Experience
- 5 years in Sales Account Management with packaging experience.
- Knowledge of the corrugated packaging industry is a plus, but not essential.
- Fluent in English (written and spoken). Fluency in other languages is a plus.
Specific Skills and Abilities
- Business knowledge
- Results oriented, “hunting” sales skills
- Negotiation skills
- Analytical and financial skills
- Good time management skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Sales/customer knowledge
- Ability to work under pressure & meet deadlines
- Problem solver with initiative
- Salary is competitive dependant on experience.
If you are interested in the role please submit your CV and telephone number and Andrew will contact you if you meet the criteria.
Alert me to jobs like this.
Set up a job alert.