Sector: Packaging Solutions
Territory: National Coverage
Package: Competitive Basic Salary (negotiable on experience)
Plus Attractive Bonus/OTE, Company Car (or allowance) & Benefits
Network Packaging is a leading supplier of packaging materials and solutions to UK based businesses. Our aim is to provide our clients with the most up to date products available in today’s ever changing market. Now part of the Macfarlane Group, we are seeking to appoint an experienced sales professional to help in spearheading our continued growth plans, targeting new and developing existing key accounts (predominantly within the e-commerce/online retail space) UK wide.
The Key Account Manager Role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced key account manager to join our team based out of Wolverhampton, spending the majority of their time on the road/in the field attending meetings to ‘on board’ and develop fresh key account customers whilst seeking to grow existing accounts. You will typically be targeting and developing prospects that are within the first 1-2 years of their lifecycle, showing potential for significant growth and future packaging spend. The core focus will be upon e-commerce/online retail businesses. The role will be predominantly new business sales focussed during the first 1-2 years, but it is anticipated that as pipeline converts, in time the focus will become more balanced with the need to account manage and develop those accounts won. Targets are set realistically whereby a serious pipeline must be built in year 1 with some key wins along the way, but the most significant return being expected during the second year.
Key Account Manager Key Duties
Reporting to the Sales Director, key duties and responsibilities of the role include:
- Create, agree and implement a strategy and sales plan to deliver required growth
- Following up on marketing data/leads provided to arrange and attend appointments
- Act as the lead point of contact for any matters relating to the allocated key account portfolio, delivering excellent standards of customer service at all times.
- Build & maintain key decision-maker/stakeholder relationships within all key accounts, executing an effective call-plan to undertake regular customer review meetings to aid tracking of changing needs and identify cross-sell/up-sell opportunities and promote new solutions and maximise account spend.
- Maximise both sales and profit responsibly by being aware of the profit implications of selling stock products as opposed to non-stock products.
- Utilise CRM to follow up all sales leads, enquiries and quotations.
- Adopt a consultative approach with clients ensuring solutions recommended meet their requirements.
- Develop and maintain a good knowledge of all packaging solutions, sharing knowledge with other colleagues.
- Ensure a high standard of sales administration at all times.
- Liaise as appropriate with the National Accounts team.
Do you have the correct profile?
We are ideally seeking a true ‘all-rounder’, so you will have a strong track record within (and still enjoy) new business sales, but also have enjoyed some significant exposure when it comes to managing and developing key accounts. Similar experience of having won/managed key accounts within the E-commerce/Online retailer market would be highly preferable, as would prior packaging sales experience (albeit not essential). Experience of selling into the 3PL market could also be useful as would prior exposure to fashion retailers. Ideally, candidates will live within a 1 hour (approx.) drive of the offices in Wolverhampton, but with good access to main links to travel to all major cities in the UK. Above all else you will be a proven sales professional who is comfortable using conceptual/solution sales techniques and able to perform with real and professionalism, using first rate communication, influencing and negotiation skills.
We are looking for someone to seriously drive growth and our rewards package shall be commensurate with this. Not only do we offer an attractive basic salary (negotiable in line with experience) but our bonus/commission plan will provide scope to add some serious value to the overall earnings. The role comes with company car (or allowance), laptop/tablet, and smartphone as standard. As part of the Macfarlane Group you shall also enjoy a flexible benefits package. Macfarlane Group is dedicated to maximizing every employee’s potential, by providing career development plans and pathways in an environment that fosters personal growth and continuous improvement.
This is a high priority appointment whereby shortlisted applicants can expect to be invited swiftly for interview at our Wolverhampton site. To make an application please simply click ‘apply’ ensuring that your CV is up to date and relevant. Please note that all shortlisted candidates can generally expect to hear back from us within five working days of making their application. If you do not therefore hear back within that timeframe, please assume that your application has not been successful on this particular occasion.
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASEAlert me to jobs like this.
Set up a job alert.