xDesign are building a marketing team to enable our brand to keep growing at scale. We are looking for an experienced marketing leader, or aspiring head of marketing to drive this next phase of growth. Your mission will be to maximise the number of organisations choosing xDesign as a digital solutions partner through the delivery of excellent, impactful marketing activity.
Reporting directly to the senior management team, the Lead Marketing Strategist will take direction from the Senior Management Team on the overall strategy, then lead and champion its delivery, drawing on their wide experience of marketing a service-oriented business.
- Delegating key components of the execution – content creation, SEO, PPC, Social Media and automation to relevant team members,
- Remaining hands-on – delivering on some higher-profile tasks
- Being responsible for the quality assurance across all key components and ensuring consistency over the quality of tone, imagery, and copy
- Ultimately drive the brand to work harder, making incremental steps to improving the overall performance and conversion of the website and positioning of the brand. There is no current plan for an overhaul of the brand or website in the short term
- Line management of newly formed marketing team of 4, helping grow their careers and establishing a high-performance team culture
Key early tasks will include:
- Identifying the buyer personas
- Mapping out the customer journey and marketing funnel
- Establishing key success metrics
- Measuring, reporting and presenting to the senior management team on overall campaign performance
Who we are looking for:
- Extensive experience in a leading marketing position with a robust track record of successfully generating leads and supporting customer growth & retention, within a B2B professional audience context.
- A strong track record of leading delivery including overseeing the modelling and tracking of key measures such as leads, related budgets, roadmaps, KPIs and targets.
- Strong analytical skills; uses data to make strategic and informed decisions
- Has experience marketing a service organisation; understands how selling services differs from product sales, and the life cycle surrounding it
- Strong leadership and people management skills balanced with real empathy and a genuine interest in developing people
- Must be able to hit the ground running based on the senior management team’s strategy, with the goal of taking full ownership of the marketing strategy medium-long term
Help us build great products. Inspire those around you.
xDesign is a ~60 person digital product development agency based in the centre of Edinburgh. As an agency that has established in-house Product, Design, Engineering and Quality functions over the past 10 years, we pride ourselves on our unique ability to constructively challenge clients in order to deliver the best products possible. We’re a team focused on value and innovation offering digital solutions to a wide variety of sectors, for some of the UK’s largest organisations using the latest mobile and web technologies.
Normally, we’re based in our office in central Edinburgh, though currently, the whole team is working remotely. We’re continuing our hiring and onboarding, as well as finding alternative ways to stay connected and enjoy activities together from our virtual pub quizzes to weekly challenges and competitions.
This position will not be suitable for a fully remote candidate, so must be based in, or willing to relocate to Edinburgh (and have full rights to work in the UK)
Alert me to jobs like this.
Set up a job alert.