Job reference: 000101
Location: Home Based
Salary: Up to £45,000 DOE + £6k Car Allowance
Employment type: Permanent
Hours per week: 37.5
At Pilot Group we believe in using technology to make the places we live and work SMART, SAFE and SUSTAINABLE. We achieve this by designing and investing in innovative products and solutions that reduce energy costs, enable management through data, and improve safety. We believe that together we thrive to create a sustainable future.
The Area Sales Manager role will sit within the Hilclare business, who manufacture and supply LED lighting solutions to the industrial and commercial sectors. It’s an exciting time to join the business as we have 4 new products being launched at the minute and a suite of new products coming at Christmas!
The main objective of the role is to generate gross margin profit for the Pilot Group product portfolio from new and existing wholesaler accounts. The Area Sales Manager will be based in their patch and will be responsible for growth of their customer base within defined regions through effective business development, networking and cold calling.
The Area Sales Manager will focus on exposing opportunities for the following products:
- Hilclare Lighting
- Pilot Group Energy Management Systems
- Pilot EV
The Area Sales Manager should possess a knowledge of new business development and relationship building techniques. They should be comfortable building relationships from scratch with senior stakeholders, being naturally inquisitive about their businesses and then able to position how our products may be of benefit to them. They should also be comfortable in generating market information, referrals and self-generated leads that they can follow up and convert into meetings, or sales calls for the sale team.
The Area Sales Manager will have an excellent understanding of all Pilot Group products and services, but in particular LED lighting.
A high standard of verbal communication will be required in order to have conversation with senior stakeholders and building trust with them. A high standard of questioning skills will be required to uncover opportunities within businesses that our sales team can use to present our products against.
- New Business Development
- Work closely with the Senior Sales and Business Development Manager in the strategic development of the Hilclare Brand.
- Build relationships over the phone with existing accounts to generate sales opportunities and quote on Wholesaler work.
- Achieve monthly revenue and gross profit targets
- Achieve weekly KPI’s – calls, cold calls, quotes
- Produce lighting designs where needed
- You will produce quotes for customers, recommending Hilclare products to spec break existing designs or requirements
- Complete research on potential sales prospects, identifying new business opportunities and the senior stakeholders within those businesses.
- Build relationships with senior stakeholders of prospective clients
- Use MEANCHATS to Question prospect clients to find out about their business, and expose potential opportunities or requirements for our products
- Deliver a clear phone based Elevator pitch for each Pilot Group Product to new customers
- Qualify meetings and opportunities using the MEANCHATS methodology to effectively forecast deals
- Attend meetings once per month with key sales contacts
- Update all sales activity in the CRM
- Report to Senior Sales and Business Development Manager monthly on KPI’s and opportunities
- Achieve Sales KPI’s – Revenue and GP, Quotes, Weekly forecast call volumes, call times, self-generated leads, decision maker contacts, meetings/calls arranged.
Training & Development
- Meet the training and development requirements of the job role.
- Take responsibility for identifying own personal training needs to ensure effective performance of your role.
- This may include carrying out further learning in own time as and when required and identified.
- Participate and engage in both internal and external training that is provided.
- Participate in sales training when required
- Lighting knowledge
- Lighting product knowledge
- Gateway / Sage knowledge
- Phone sales skills
- Lighting design
- Salesforce CRM
Location: North Scotland – Inverness, Aberdeen
If you are an experienced Lighting Salesperson, who loves variety and wants to be involved in New Product Development in a growing business, then apply soon before applications close!
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Alert me to jobs like this.
Set up a job alert.