This is a new and challenging opportunity to be an important part of the growth of this dynamic arts/culture/leisure marketing company. The role is focused on sales and bringing in new business for the company, building on our well established, existing client base.
We are looking for someone who has flair, energy, is confident in dealing with people (mostly new and potential clients), has imagination, is focussed and tenacious. We want someone who has strong sales experience in a commercial environment. It does not matter if they have not worked in our sector: solid sales knowledge and experience is what we are looking for. It is also important that they have a flexible and innovative approach to work.
This post is part of a small team that will work alongside our account handling and marketing teams, and also liaise with our team in Manchester and, as needed with our warehouse staff.
The post will be incentivised with a basic wage of up to £35000 pro-rata, dependent on experience, and a monthly commission being paid on the basis of meeting and exceeding agreed targets. We are recruiting for both a full-time and a part-time post. The post will be based in our Islington London office.
- Present and sell company products and services to new and potential clients.
- Prepare action plans and schedules to identify specific targets and to project the number of contacts to be made.
- Follow up on new leads and referrals resulting from field and research activity
- Identify new sales prospects in conjunction with other staff and contact these and other accounts as assigned.
- Develop and maintain the sales data systems and current and potentially new product knowledge.
- Contribute to and follow through on marketing initiatives to ensure we make the best of potential opportunities.
- Manage service offerings through quality checks and follow-up.
- Prepare a variety of status reports, including activity, closings, follow-up, and adherence to goals
- Communicate new product and service opportunities, special developments, information, or feedback gathered through field activity and research to appropriate company staff.
- Work with other staff across in contributing to planning and developing new opportunities across the company on new opportunities
- Represent the Company at relevant meetings and events
- Other duties as required
Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Ability to persuade and influence others
- Strong sales or sales related skills and experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge of sales promotion techniques as well as marketing approaches.
- Ability and intelligence to quickly learn about our business, our market, and what we are selling.
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Good strategic sense and the ability to be a pro-active part of a team developing sales and marketing initiatives.
- Good IT skills with knowledge of data bases or the ability to develop this quickly
- Energy, ambition and ability to get things done.
- Ability to write focused and succinct reports/communications
- Some management and supervisory experience or the ability to learn this on the job.
- The work will require some travel and the occasional overnight stay as well as some evening/weekend work. We will however take account of the personal circumstances of staff in making decisions in this area.
This role will be concerned with both London Calling and Culture Calling clients: i.e. a London focus, along with a range of areas outside London.
If you are interested please provide a short CV that summarises your background and experience, along with a brief note (maximum 350 words) on what makes you a strong candidate for this post, and email to Katherine@londoncalling.com
Applications close on the 2nd of April 2018
https://www.londoncalling.comAlert me to jobs like this.
Set up a job alert.