The role of a Market Research Executive at Hayward Miller involves learning new things every day. Although the role is mainly driven by database creation at this time, there are many other aspects to Market Research, and the department has the potential to grow and adapt, depending on the needs of the business and the experience of the team. You will have the chance to make the role your own and will be expected to help drive this side of the business forward.
- Creating databases from scratch in a timely and accurate manner. These databases will be made up of potential leads for HML and its clients. They will then be contacted by the telemarketing team.
- Conducting ‘Desk’ Research for databases (via Magazine, Internet, Exhibition Lists, Trade Bodies, Databases etc. or direct contact via telephone).
- Providing background research for client meetings.
- Performing competitor analysis.
- Producing market strategies/sales strategies.
- Performing SWOT analysis.
- Researching tender opportunities.
- Regular research on various industry sectors and advising clients/senior management on how to best use research findings.
- Creating detailed monthly reports on activity.
- Liaising with other departments on a regular basis to discuss quality and quantity of data.
- Monitoring social media feeds to keep informed of any relevant news or opportunities.
- Researching events for HML or clients.
- Actively seeking and bidding for new business for Hayward Miller.
- This role depends on the needs of the clients at the time and may sometimes call for ‘Primary Research’, such as Questionnaires, Focus Groups, Research Interviews, Customer Satisfaction Surveys, Panels etc. You would be required run such projects. This could involve:
- Creating a research plan including timeline and budget
- Writing and managing the distribution of surveys, questionnaires and call scripts
- Briefing interviewers
- Conducting interviews either by telephone or face-to-face
- Analysing results
- Writing reports
- Writing proposals.
- Attending client meetings.
- Undertaking monthly internal training.
- Promoting the HML brand and growing the Market Research department.
- Attending business conferences or exhibitions.
- Covering tasks for colleagues as required.
KEY SKILLS REQUIRED
The ideal candidate will have proven experience in Market Research. You will need to be very accurate, with a good eye for detail and a process-driven methodology. However, you will also need to be a creative person who can think outside the box. You should be able to work well on your own initiative, seeking out new things and digging deeper. You will have good communication skills and work well as part of a team, managing others as the team grows.
- Bonus Scheme
- Internal & external training courses
- 28 days’ holiday (inc. Bank Holidays)
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Market Research experience is essential.
- Minimum of 5 GCSEs or equivalent including English and Mathematics is essential.
- IT GCSE desired with a good understanding of Excel and Word.
- A-Levels preferred.
- Undergraduate degree desired but not essential
- Fluent in English.
- Knowledge of engineering desirable due to the nature of HML’s clients, but not essential.
Market Research, Data, Data Input, Research, Databases, Primary Research, Secondary Research, Research Analyst, Strategy, Data Analyst, SWOT Analysis.
Hayward Miller has three main business elements:
- Business Development
- We white label* ourselves as our clients’ Sales Representative for an agreed number of days per month. This includes email addresses, business cards and sales literature.
- The number of contracted** days per month varies from 5 to 19 over a minimum period of 6 months with a rolling one month’s notice.
- Market Research
- Research and analysis on new and existing markets for our clients.
- Competitor analysis.
- Sales Strategy Reports.
- One-off market research projects.
- We badge ourselves as our clients’ sales team, making outbound calls on their behalf to promote their products and services, as well as to book appointments for the BD Managers.
- We also make outbound telemarketing calls on behalf of HML in pursuit of new clients.
Clients vary from product manufacturers and engineering companies through to design companies and recruitment platforms.
Our clients’ markets cover; – Aerospace, Automotive, Defence, Oil & Gas, Nuclear & Renewable Energy, Medical Science, Construction, Retail, Finance, Design, Service Industry.
There is also an ecommerce side to the business, selling motorcycle parts, clothing and accessories online.
Hayward Miller Ltd is now in its sixth year of business and has developed a diverse client base. We are looking to grow rapidly in 2017 and for this reason are looking for the right people to join us.
*White labelling involves badging our staff up as if we were the client, with email addresses and business cards, and representing that company as our own.
** Our staff all work full-time but the number of days working for a specific client (from our offices) can vary from 5 to 19 in a given month.
Location: Thetford, Norfolk
Travel Required: Occasionally
Level/Salary Range: £19k – £21k. Based on Experience + Company Bonus Scheme.
Alert me to jobs like this.
Set up a job alert.