We are currently recruiting for an Account Manager to join our team based in Weston-super-Mare. Within this exciting role you will be working across our Resident magazine portfolio which includes the East Devon Resident, Portishead & Cleveland Resident and the Weston & Worle Resident.
Working on these prestigious products we are looking for dynamic, driven, customer-focused and experienced Account Manager to join our expanding team.
This opportunity is a telephone-based sales role that will see you selling print and digital advertising campaigns and solutions to local businesses. As well as managing existing customers and seeing that they continuously improve their current advertising campaigns you will also work with new clients, inspiring them with genuine, cost-effective ideas and solutions tailor-made for their business.
You must be comfortable with a consultative approach to selling. A background in media sales is preferable, but more essential is your negotiation skills, confidence, impressive sales presentation and closing techniques that demonstrate you excel in a target-driven environment.
- Proven telephone sales experience
- Strong B2B sales background
- Proven track record in selling to SMEs/professional businesses
- Excellent business acumen, able to converse well with a range of clients
- Ideally from an advertising/marketing media background
- Preference to win new business and create own leads
- Working knowledge of print and digital solutions
- Willing to learn and develop within the media industry
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong time management
SALARY, BONUS & BENEFITS
- Basic salary of up to £18,500
- Achievable monthly commission structure and on-target earnings of £8,400
- Full 25 days paid holiday + statutory bank holidays
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Archant Gold – matched charity fundraising
- Give As You Earn – tax-free charity giving scheme
- Structured career progression, ongoing training and personal performance reviews
Very shortly after receiving your CV, if we are interested we will call you to understand why you believe you have all the right attributes and are perfect to be shortlisted for interview, so please be prepared and look forward to this phone call. All applications and enquiries will be dealt with in the strictest confidence.
We are Archant. The UK’s leading local media company.
Archant people are driven, motivated and passionate about positive change.
We are proud of our history…of our trusted, market-leading heritage newspaper and magazine brands that remain an integral part of everyday life.
But we’re forward-thinking people too. We obsess about innovation, creativity, service and expertise, relentlessly striving to be the most engaging media in every community we serve.
We are on a mission to make digital marketing accessible to all. We build websites, provide complete SEO services and deliver targeted, bespoke digital campaigns that fit our clients’ objectives seamlessly.
We produce video, animation, e-newsletters, apps, blogs – content that brings storytelling to life.
We stage vibrant, celebrated, must-attend events where like-minded people come together…
And because we’re ideas people, we think fluidly. Our multi-award winning ‘New European’ national tabloid broke all records as the fastest newspaper launch in history – just nine days from concept to hitting the shops.
A few facts about us:
- We operate over 140 news, lifestyle and special-interest brands throughout Britain.
- Every member of our family receives ongoing development from in-house trainers, complete with interactive online learning. Over 20 modules to choose from keeps you at the top of your game.
- There’s always something new. Hive, our in-house social media, allows you to find new friends with shared interests and have your say on all things Archant. Come join our ‘Archanteers’ and help organise some rip-roaring team nights out!
- Archant’s state-of-the-art print centre team have won numerous awards for their service levels and green credentials. As well as our own newspapers, we print over 40 other publications for brands including The Racing Post, Classic Car Weekly and Oxfam. Our giant presses can print 22 full newspapers per second!
- Dialogue is our content marketing agency, producing gorgeous magazines for clients including Bentley, Center Parcs, Royal Ascot and Harley Davidson.
- We stage over 100 must-attend events per year. From intimate and interactive digital learning sessions for SMEs…to major show-stoppers at London Olympia.
To apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.orgAlert me to jobs like this.
Set up a job alert.