A rare Account Manager opportunity has arisen in our Barnstaple team working on our well-known media title North Devon Gazette. The North Devon Gazette is the newspaper and website for the region, covering a vast area from Hartland in the west to Lynton in the east and to South Molton and Holsworthy in the south.
The Gazette has been published in its present format for 25 years and delivers a mix of news, sport, features and advertisements to more than 45,000 households every week. The paper is well respected in the region for its fair and accurate reporting of local issues.
The role will see you selling print and digital advertising campaigns to both new and existing clients. You will therefore enjoy driving to meet clients, improving current advertising campaigns and inspiring businesses with creative tailor-made solutions that will give them a great return on their investment.
It’s important that you enjoy and have experience of managing accounts as 80% of the role is about looking after existing clients and managing their campaigns. You will also always be looking for new or lapsed businesses/customers to ensure your client base and revenue increases month on month.
Your time is split between being in the office booking on adverts and dealing with the administration of the role and being out of the office meeting clients and presenting to them the best options from our portfolio that fulfil their advertising/marketing needs.
PLEASE APPLY IF YOU HAVE:
- Strong B2B face-to-face sales experience
- Account management/field sales experience (essential)
- Proven media sales experience
- Working knowledge of print and digital solutions
- Proven track record in selling to SMEs/professional businesses
- Excellent business acumen and ability to converse well with senior contacts
- Advertising/marketing/local media knowledge or background
- Ability to create inspiring campaigns and advertising solutions
- A full valid driving licence
SALARY, BONUS & BENEFITS
- Up to £22,000 per annum + bonus potential of £8,400 pa
- Company car
- Full 25 days paid holiday + statutory bank holidays
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Archant Gold – matched charity fundraising
- Give as You Earn – tax-free charity giving scheme
- Structured career progression, ongoing training and personal performance reviews
Very shortly after receiving your CV, if we are interested we will call you to understand why you believe you have all the right attributes and are perfect to be shortlisted for interview, so please be prepared and look forward to this phone call. We will be calling and shortlisting for interview on a rolling basis so please apply as soon as possible. All applications and enquiries will be dealt with in the strictest confidence.
We are Archant. The UK’s leading local media company.
Archant people are driven, motivated and passionate about positive change.
We are proud of our history…of our trusted, market-leading heritage newspaper and magazine brands that remain an integral part of everyday life.
But we’re forward-thinking people too. We obsess about innovation, creativity, service and expertise, relentlessly striving to be the most engaging media in every community we serve.
We are on a mission to make digital marketing accessible to all. We build websites, provide complete SEO services and deliver targeted, bespoke digital campaigns that fit our clients’ objectives seamlessly.
We produce video, animation, e-newsletters, apps, blogs – content that brings storytelling to life.
We stage vibrant, celebrated, must-attend events where like-minded people come together…
And because we’re ideas people, we think fluidly. Our multi-award winning ‘New European’ national tabloid broke all records as the fastest newspaper launch in history – just nine days from concept to hitting the shops.
You can discover what it’s like to work here in our Careers Centre at www.archant.co.uk/careers and for a complete view of our portfolio, visit www.archanthub.co.uk
A few facts about us:
- We operate over 140 news, lifestyle and special-interest brands throughout Britain.
- Every member of our family receives ongoing development from in-house trainers, complete with interactive online learning. Over 40 modules to choose from keeps you at the top of your game.
- There’s always something new. Hive, our in-house social media, allows you to find new friends with shared interests and have your say on all things Archant. Come join our Staff Forums and help organise some rip-roaring team nights out!
- Archant’s state-of-the-art print centre team have won numerous awards for their service levels and green credentials. As well as our own newspapers, we print over 40 other publications for brands including The Racing Post, Classic Car Weekly and Oxfam. Our giant presses can print 22 full newspapers per second!
- Dialogue is our content marketing agency, producing gorgeous magazines for clients including Rolls Royce, Center Parcs, Royal Ascot and Harley Davidson.
- We stage over 100 must-attend events per year. From intimate and interactive digital learning sessions for SMEs…to major show-stoppers at London Olympia.
To apply, please send your CV to email@example.comAlert me to jobs like this.
Set up a job alert.