An experienced Meetings & Events Sales Coordinator is sought by a 3-star hotel and conference centre based near Bedford. Part of one of the largest hotel chains in the UK, the hotel can cater for over 100 guests, with over 50 bedrooms. The conference centre is the perfect location for any event including conferences, birthdays, weddings and training courses with four various sized meeting rooms available.
As the Meetings & Events Sales Coordinator, you will manage the effective operation of the Meetings & Events Sales department to maximise sales for the hotel.
You will be a natural relationship builder and will ensure consistency of brand standards and a high level of performance and service delivery. You will work very closely with Reservations Executive and as a strong team member within the sales office.
Your day to day responsibilities will include:
- Promote and sell all facilities of the hotel in order to maximum revenue opportunities through execution and maintenance of all sales strategies implemented by the General Manager
- Manage the operations of the Meetings & Events department.
- Take and process all conference, events, wake and wedding enquiries
- Maintain and increase business from existing clients through effective use of a follow up system
- Actively seek all opportunities to increase Meetings & Events sales
- Assist in all sales activities which may include: Mail Shots, Cold Calling, Promotions, Appointments, Client Events, Training, Show-rounds, Networking and any other sales activities beneficial to the hotel and Hop Pickers Pub
- Prepare reports using both computerised reservation system and other computer software such as Word and Excel
- Prepare weekly and monthly forecasts for the department
The successful Meetings & Events Sales Coordinator will demonstrate:
- A natural rapport with people and sound sales skills preferably with at least 2 years Meetings and Events experience in the hospitality industry
- An excellent telephone manner and strong negotiating skills
- Strong organisational skills and good attention to detail
- A good knowledge of computers and the willingness and ability to learn and understand new reservations systems and processes
- Confidence in letter and e-mail writing and the ability to be proactive as well as reactive
- An ability to think laterally and to work under pressure
- To be results driven and have the desire to be a key member of the sales team
- £18,000 – £21,000 depending on experience
- Incentive scheme – quarterly bonus
- 20 days holiday plus stats
- Hours of work Monday to Friday 9.00 am to 5.00 pm
- Staff benefits when staying in other group properties
- Free parking
Set up a job alert.