Reporting into the UK Managing Director, the Business Development Manager will be joining one of the UK’s fastest growing chilled desserts company based in the South East. Following consistent year on year growth, there is now a requirement for a Business Development Manager to join their already high performing commercial division.
The company offers a broad range of ambient and chilled desserts for use by food service providers. Your role is to help grow the business by developing new profitable customer accounts and increasing sales with the portfolio of existing customers, with a focus on independent retailers, cafes, hotels and restaurants.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Developing profitable sales at a regional level
- Prospecting including the identification of potential customers, securing appointments and matching prospect needs with the companies’ offerings
- Selling including sales visits, winning sales, follow through, call and visit reports
- Identifying market trends, gathering market intelligence and insights on competitor activity to make recommendations on the companies’ growth strategy
- Inputting on pricing strategy
- Providing input for marketing and customer communication
What is on offer:
The business will provide you with the opportunity to become an influential member of the team with growth prospects to become a member of the senior management team, as the company continues to grow. Whilst remaining a nimble business offering high levels of autonomy to each member of the commercial team, the successful incumbent will also benefit from further investment from the wider group. The role is office based, covering the m25 and surrounding areas.
Qualifications and experience:
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, you must have a track record of developing new business within the independent retail channel. You will have excellent communication skills, be results driven, commercially astute, organised and proactive. You will need a full UK driving licence.
To apply please send your CV to Sophie.email@example.com or call 01132 054970Alert me to jobs like this.
Set up a job alert.