Our search for a Sales and Content Director has begun and we are genuinely excited to launch, what will be for someone, a fantastic career opportunity. This role has full P&L responsibility for our entire range of 11 specialist magazines and associated websites. These titles are industry leaders in their field and the portfolio includes France Magazine, Sporting Shooter, Canal Boat and our Pilot titles.
The role enables you to be involved in the development and ongoing creativity of these magazines, creating new strategies and injecting them with new ideas. You will be someone who thinks and acts strategically always with the intention of strengthening our specialist brands and position within the market.
Working with content and commercial teams you will ensure that the vision, direction and output are aligned and that the communication and clarity of the strategy is really clear. With strong leadership, hands-on management, and great organisational skills you will lead and manage both content and commercial teams brilliantly to ensure they all achieve their very best.
With overall budget responsibility you will need to be financially adept at understanding accounting lines and reporting targets, forecasts, budgets and plans.
This is an exciting senior role within Archant and ideal for an experienced individual who has a real passion for the publishing industry and is seeking their next long-term challenging role. Practically you will need to live as centrally as possible to Cheltenham but be prepared for some travel to our other offices.
We are looking for someone who:
- Understands the publishing industry and what drives value
- Sets ambitious but realistic goals in order to improve performance and create a competitive advantage
- Develops robust business plans and gains buy-in from all relevant stakeholders
- Can and has developed and brought new ideas/product to the market
- Has great commercial acumen and can develop robust controls and procedures for managing products
- Is able to develop strong relationships across the business
- Has strong leadership qualities with the ability to empower and motivate teams to deliver their best work
- Will attend exhibitions, events and networking events
SALARY, BONUS & BENEFITS
- Competitive salary
- Quarterly bonus scheme that rewards both effort and excellence with on-target earnings of £18,000 per annum
- Car or car allowance
- Full 25 days paid holiday + statutory bank holidays
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Archant Gold – matched charity fundraising
- Give as You Earn – tax free charity giving scheme
Very shortly after receiving your CV, if we are interested we will call you to understand why you believe you have all the right attributes and are perfect to be shortlisted for interview, so please be prepared and look forward to this phone call. We will be shortlisting and interviewing candidates on a rolling basis so please apply as soon as possible. All applications and enquiries will be dealt with in the strictest confidence.
To apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Alert me to jobs like this.
Set up a job alert.