Oliver is a world leader in high performance valve technology. The company is fast growing and very profitable due to its wide product appeal and strong technical ability. Due to continued expansion we require a project sales engineer with proven skills in a technical sales arena. This is an excellent route for progression within a technical field for the right candidate.
- To respond verbally and/or in writing to all customers enquiries and progressing of orders in a timely and professional manner
- To evaluate each enquiry technically and commercially in order to offer the correct product(s) to meet the customer requirements.
- To liaise with other departments where necessary ensuring that the customers needs are met whilst also ensuring that we produce products that are both economically and technically viable.
- To secure orders by means of careful evaluation of customer needs, prompt and correct response and offering pricing that maximizes profit to the company but also assures that we are competitive.
- To evaluate best delivery dates that can be realistically achieved, utilising stock products wherever possible and liaising with other departments mainly production and purchasing.
- Checking and responding if necessary to commercial terms from potential customers, to protect the company from potential damaging clauses.
- To provide support for the external sales force and distributors worldwide, ensuring they are updated with information regarding customer activity, project information etc. Providing quotations, costing and delivery information as required to secure potential orders.
- Prompt follow up of enquiries within designated area to successful or final conclusions to maximize order intake.
- Enthusiastic and highly motivated
- You will be required to be organised and willing to work unaided and as a team player
- With several years experience selling a technical product
- HNC/HND Engineering based qualification.
- Ability and skill to communicate at all levels and balance high work load, whilst maintaining tight deadlines.
- Proficiency with Word and Excel
If you think you could make a difference in our sales team, simply apply via the button shown.Alert me to jobs like this.
Set up a job alert.