Working with the Commercial and Production teams to develop and maintain a dependable Supply Chain covering all business purchasing requirements. Grouping purchases where possible, and obtain competitive rates, keeping within project budgets, and ensuring lead-times are achieved within build programme mile stones.
The Purchasing Manager will also manage Central and Satellite store functions to ensure stock locations and stock integrity are maintained. The purchasing manager will have overall responsibility for all Business units’ stock and purchasing functions.
The Purchasing Manager will continually review the purchasing requirements, seeks out alternative suppliers and negotiates best price.
* Send out enquiries for appropriate materials, collate and analyse quotations, place orders
with suitable suppliers for specified materials ensuring goods are delivered on the required
date and purchased at the most competitive rates and within budget.
* Ensure quality and performance of materials are in line with required standards.
* Consolidate purchases of material to achieve maximum economic benefit.
* Interview and appoint new/potential suppliers.
* Study and analyse markets to make recommendations of possible specification changes
which would represent savings without detracting from quality requirements.
* Encourage and develop wherever feasible negotiated agreements with suppliers and manufacturers.
* Inform other departments of all relevant information regarding changes in materials, major
price movements, delivery lead times and individual supply situations.
* Checks inventory, tracks how inventory is used, and adjusts purchasing habits in accord with apparent trends
* Maintain Purchasing internal computer system for the business, ensuring stock integrity, stock location and material availability are up to date.
* Ensure the Department runs in accordance with Company Policies and Procedures.
* Ensure all staff are fully trained and compliance with all purchasing and stores functions
* Ensure compliance with all Quality, Health, Safety, and Environment Policies.
* Monitor damages, purchasing errors and incorrect supplied material.
* Action urgent requests for additional materials that are not covered on the BOM.
* Order and authorise the hire of plant and small tools.
* Chase deliveries from suppliers that are overdue or urgent.
* Liaise with all relevant department heads with relation to new products, new build programmes, technical problems, new suppliers, and general queries.
* Attend the production and Sales meeting as required.
* Contribute to improving the business, protecting, and enhancing the reputation of the company, by putting forward new ideas and, when requested to do so, implementing change.
- Effective communication skills
- Effective order and report writing
- Ability to develop purchasing and sourcing strategies on a project basis and on a strategic multi-project basis
- Supplier Relationship Management skills
- Ability to understand the effects of supplier markets, cost drivers and market forces and their effects on pricing
- Excellent Computer, numeracy, organisational, and document management skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of the logics of computerised systems
- Knowledge and understanding of Conditions of Contract
- Ability to negotiate effectively with Suppliers.
- Ability to contribute within a multi discipline team environment.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- ONC (or equivalent), Business Studies, Economics, Office Administration
- HNC Business Studies or HNC Mechanical Engineering and/or
- Associate Member of Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS)
- Working in a Procurement and Stores Function in Air Handling / Refrigeration and/or Process Industrial Sectors related engineering projects.
- Practical experience in ERP or MRP Systems
Set up a job alert.