Are you confident on the phone? Do you love working with people and are naturally inquisitive? If so, the role of a recruitment resourcer might be just the job for you.
We are on the hunt for a proactive and professional Recruitment Resourcer to join our clients’ busy team in Stockport town centre.
The role of the recruitment resourcer is key in any recruitment agency and if you are trying to find an entry-level role within the recruitment industry a resourcers role is an excellent starting point.
Success in any recruitment agency is always driven by our ability to find excellent candidates for the vacancies we have. The task of a resourcer is to source potential candidates for a new vacancy so that the more experienced recruitment consultant can create a quality short list to interview for their clients.
To succeed in this particular role you’ll need to be an excellent judge of character and be able to think on your feet to match candidates to relevant job opportunities quickly and effectively. You should also be a confident communicator as this role will involve constant interaction with a range of different people and personalities.
You cannot be afraid to pick up the phone and speak to people. You will make lots of calls and you will take lots of calls.
This is what you would typically do every day:
- Source job applicants from the database and on the internet for various temporary roles
- Keeping in regular contact with candidates already on the database (over 300) and find out what they are doing, who they are doing it for and when they will be available to work for you
- Keep in contact with clients to check what temp needs they have and then find candidates to fill those needs
- Telephone screen candidates and match them to suitable temp jobs
- Develop a sound understanding of what clients/companies do and the sort of staff they use
- Respond to general consultancy enquiries
- Data Inputting candidate details on to internal systems
- Being the first port of call for answering the phones
- Dealing with queries relating to pay
- Finding replacement candidates for a job when someone lets you down
- Speaking to existing clients and taking details of their temp staffing needs so that you can help fill the positions
- General admin duties
Therefore, what we are looking for is:
- Excellent customer service skills
- Some experience of sales is highly advantageous
- Ability to ask probing questions and delve further so as to match the right candidate to the right job
- An organised and quick thinking approach
- A tenacious, self-starter with the ability to take initiative
- A natural problem solver
- Resilience is essential as people do let you down and it can be very frustrating
- Great communication skills
- IT literate with a good knowledge of Microsoft packages
- Willingness to learn with a strong team ethic
- A keen eye for detail and a good judge of character
- An interest in working within the recruitment industry
- Loves working in a small team but a fast paced environment!
- Driver preferred so you can visit candidates and clients on site
What you can expect in return:
- Salary: £18-£23k (dependant on experience)
- Excellent central Stockport location
- Hours: Monday to Friday: 8am-5pm
- 20 days holiday (rising to 25 days) + Bank Holidays
- The potential for career advancement
If you are interested in this position please contact Corinne on 0161 359 3111 or email a copy of your CV and current salary, quoting reference number: 2921 and where you saw the job advertised.
If this job isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
THIS JOB NOT FOR YOU? WHY NOT SIGN UP TO THE ‘JOB ALERTS’ ON OUR WEBSITE AND HAVE OUR LATEST VACANCIES COME STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX OR ‘LIKE’ OUR FACEBOOK PAGE FOR JOBS AND ADVICE DIRECT TO YOUR NEWSFEED
Alert me to jobs like this.
Set up a job alert.