We may have started small but we’ve always had big ideas. Since Speedy was established in 1977 we’ve grown into the UK and Ireland’s leading hire business. Along the way we’ve won countless awards for innovation, safety and our commitment to training to name but a few. Our people are the heart of our business and it’s their commitment and professionalism that makes us the biggest and the best in the industry.
We deal with thousands of customers every year, providing them with a first class service and helping ensure they can successfully deliver their projects. And that’s where you come in.
As a Regional Account Manager you play an integral part in developing and maintaining strong customer relationships and maximising revenue opportunities for the business. You will ensure all customer leads are identified and generated, including those opportunities which lie outside your region, demonstrating the Speedy values in all you do.
Excellent communication skills will be required in order to build relationships both with clients and internally, while strong organisation will be key to ensure customer records are updated daily as well as the timely production of sales performance reports.
- Growth and development of your managed accounts in line with budget for revenue and debt and maximising the revenue opportunities for your territory
- Ensuring performance on sales discounts, bad debts and all other KPI’s are within agreed target levels
- Preparing and providing sales performance reports as and when requested to agree deadlines
- Timely process of all other administration duties
- Support the sector and major account teams to maximise the revenue opportunities within your territory and for your portfolio of managed accounts
- Building and maintaining relationships with key stake holders and colleagues
- Ensuring the correct safety equipment is always worn / displayed when required
- Commercially aware
- Proven sales ability and managed account experience
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Ability to develop strong customer relationships
- Good communication skills both verbally & written
- Good planning and preparation skills
- High level of integrity and trust
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- Commitment to self-development
- Driving licence
Speedy are the leading provider of hire products and supporting services to the construction, industrial and infrastructure sectors. We have a network of over 200 depots across the UK and Ireland, and over 3000 people who offer a nationwide service and look after the largest hire fleet in the market.
We also lead in health, safety and sustainability. We are the safest hire provider, based on accident and industry rates, and have the lowest carbon footprint in the industry. Our hire fleet also includes an increasing range of green option products, helping our customers improve their energy efficiency and reduce their environmental impact.
Our vision is to become the best in our sector to do business with and the best to work for!
Set up a job alert.